I'm a half Japanese half Mexican married for 17 years with a 11 years son. Born and live my hole life in Mexico City. My traveler gen got started since I was a child, because my father took us camping in a VW Van through all the country, so I been deep into adventure and experience first hand the real Mexico. Mexico City is a great city because you can find points of interest on al range of expectations, so it doesn't matter which is your traveling style or budget, there will be a plan for you. We compare to NY in the song a City That Never Sleep, because life in the city never stop, you will see people all day almost everywhere. Food is always ready from great just made sweet bread & coffee to late night tacos. We have Parks, Museums, Theatre, Clubs, Markets, Malls, Concerts, Bull Fights, Soccer Games and more. High Speed Internet, Celular Companies, Currency Exchange House, Medical Care, Uber and all the services you can expect from a World Class city. I am partner/owner of 3 companies. Iztapawood Entertainment (production Company) Murcielago Records (Audio Studio) & High Roller (Film Studio) so I'm all into design, art, photography, Independent films and music. My wife is our Art Director so we share life and work. Making this perfect for me to manage my time. So all this background and my companies let me offer great support to make your visit to my city a great experience and let you fall in love with it, so you keep coming back. I have travel and work in United States and Central America, always with my family and had made great friends all around. So this is an experience that I want my son to continue, I use to have a lot of Pen Pals, now I have Travel Pals and hope that my wife and son expands they world with this experience. So we are child and youth friendly & Pet Friendly (our Ausie Sheppard dog Trixie), come experience Mexico !
Travellers with kids
Food & Drink, Restaurants, Street food, Food markets, Cafes, Culture, Cinema / Movies, Theatre, Photography, Music, Shopping, Markets, Sports, Children
Central, North, East, South, West
My most exciting things to do in Mexico City
Mexico is a cosmopolitan city so there's a exciting thing to do for ever need, from street food and art to museums clubs bars and historic places.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way