English, Spanish, Polish
Stroll the Most Beautiful Streets in Madrid and enjoy an evening in the theatre or in the restaurant, Enjoy a bike tour in Madrid, the Old City and the parks, Great museums of the Paseo del Arte , Flamenco Shows in Madrid, wine and tapas, Barrio de las Letras and Rastro, a vintage market on Sunday
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Madrid
People who viewed Joanna also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Madrid that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Any other
My name is Iñaki Gordejuela and I am a 26 years old man. I am from Pamplona, in the north of Spain, where we are known as noble and commitment lovers. I love conversation and to make people feel confortable, at the time I enjoy with anyone any experience as having some drinks or discussing about history, philosophy, literature, music or art. Of course I know how to treat people depending on their guts and concerns. That's why I am a great CityUnscripted Local, because I am really flexible and adaptalbe, being able to enjoy an exciting Real Madrid match or a dissertation about the origins of Romanticism in Goya. I love from Madrid that you always find new people but the city essence is never lost.
Iñaki Is Great For
Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Hello!! My name is Alba and I'm a passionate traveler. I dedicate my free time, money and energy to travel as much as possible, and in many occasions it has happened to me that when I arrive to a new site I would have loved to meet some local. It's always very nice to receive advice, that someone take you to not so turistic places and tell you in first person how they live there. That's why I decided to become a local host! So I can help travelers eager to know a little more how we live in my city, Madrid. Every time I have returned from one of my trips I have been able to appreciate with more affection the magic of my city and the amount of things that can be done in it. For me, a perfect day in this city would consist of a visit to the Rastro, a street market that rides on Sundays in the district of Lavapiés. After, have tapas for lunch at a nearby bar, go to relax at El Retiro Park, look at shops in the area of Gran Vía and Fuencarral and finally go to see the sunset at Debob Temple, a real Egyptian temple. I will be delighted to guide you through this city, in which you can make as many plans as visitors we receive every day. See you!
Alba Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I am Journalist. I like meeting new people and I like showing people Madrid. There are nice places, squares and bars where I like to go. I like Sports. I am Sport Journalist and I like also Museums, cinema and Theatre.
Silvia Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Young adults
Joanna | MadridReview by: Delia-Rose F
Private Customizable Madrid Tour with a Local
The tour and guide Joanna were excellent in every sense. We highly recommend City Unscripted also. They were easy to contact and very efficient.
Joanna | MadridReview by: Amy W
Personalized Attention with a Passionate and Knowledgeable Guide
Joanna asked me what my favorite experiences were and then created a fabulous personalized walking adventure in Madrid. We spent eight hours seeing gardens, markets, shopping, eating, and taking pictures in all the historical districts. We walked a lot, but the conversation and historical information shared made the day be totally pleasurable. We toured multiple art museums together and her expertise in Art History was obvious. She prides herself in her guests having a great experience. Wonderful day with a wonderful person.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way