English, French, Spanish, Italian, German
I like to cook, but above all I like to eat!, I am passionate about open air activities and love to walk around my city, Every new acquaintance is a tresure to me!, Non aspettarti che sia obiettiva parlando di Bologna perchè amo troppo la mia città!, Aren't Italy and its people hard to understand? I can try to explain
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Martin B
Tolle informative Stadtführung
Lorenza hat die Stadtführung fabelhaft gemacht und mir viele Informationen über die Hauptsehenswürdigkeiten geliefert. Die zwei Stunden Führung sind wie im Flug vergangen und waren viel zu schnell zuende. Grossen Dank noch Mal an Lorenza sie macht das hervorragend!
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Andrea B
nice time with Lorenza
She even hosted the experience on her birthday! We strolled around Bologna and she gave just the right amount of information, showed us many places and the most wonderful ice cream! We did the experience in German. Lorenza is a very nice person and we can highly recommend her
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Jorge d
Una muy buena información
Se brindó información con la cual se tuvo otra perspectiva de la ciudad de Bologna.
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Pat M
Fun, interesting, informative
Our local host Lorenza took us on a great walking experience around Bologna, telling us a lot about the history and culture. She is clearly passionate about her home town, and we both loved this experience. Much better than a group tour!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way