English, French, Spanish, Italian, German
I like to cook, but above all I like to eat!, I am passionate about open air activities and love to walk around my city, Every new acquaintance is a tresure to me!, Non aspettarti che sia obiettiva parlando di Bologna perchè amo troppo la mia città!, Aren't Italy and its people hard to understand? I can try to explain
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
People who viewed Lorenza also viewed these hosts
I'm a reliable person, I'm not afraid to take responsabilities, I'm always smilling and polite. I can work in teeam with people with defferent social, culture and ethnic characteristics. I have a sense of humour. I love my city because of it's people, art, history, food and fashion.
Antonia Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Italian, RUSSIAN BULGARIAN SERBIAN
Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 35 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 14 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Claudio Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Bologna that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
When I was 26 I left Bologna for London, then I lived a lot in Milan and a little bit in Berlin. At 39 I came back, with an open heart and a new thrill: I was really understanding, really seeing my town, I was ready for it, for deep diving into its beauty and for looking at it with an "insider/outsider" perspective. I realized how lucky I am to be surrounded by history, and I never take my "portici" for granted: whenever I walk by Piazza Maggiore at night, with the many golden lights in Palazzo D'accursio, or grocery shop in Via Peschierie vecchie between fish stalls and littler artisans' shops, or have a walk in Villa Ghigi with my red town just underneath, or watch an open air Fellini's movie for free in the heath of a July night, or just look at the funny "umarells" (local elderlies, mostly male, fascinated by any street work), I feel blessed. I also have a blog, called Flaneur in Bologna, where I share my "born again" passion for this lovely mini-mentropolis of mine. Oh: I'm 43, work as a journalist and love yoga, laughing, the Saturday Night Live and gelato.
Marina Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, French, Italian
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Christine D
Lebhaft, interessant und sehr anschaulich!
Unsere Stadtbesichtigung Bologna mit Lorenza war toll! Sie holte uns vom Hotel ab, wanderte mit uns durch Straßen und Gässchen, zeigte und erläuterte uns Sehenswürdigkeiten und „Nebensächlichkeiten“. Dazu erzählte sie uns alle möglichen Geschichten über Bologna, seine Bewohner und Besucher einst und jetzt – lebhaft, interessant und sehr anschaulich! Sie gab uns Tipps zu Restaurants, Märkten & Shopping, weiteren Attraktionen, die wir noch besuchen konnten, und schließlich konnten wir noch zusehen, wie in einem bestimmten Restaurant die Tortellinis gemacht werden. So bekamen wir in 4 Stunden einen wunderbaren Eindruck von Bologna und seinen Einwohnern, genau so, wie wir es uns gewünscht hatten. Wir können sie als einheimische Führerin bestens empfehlen und werden selbst – falls wir wieder nach Bologna kommen - sehr gerne mit ihr eine weitere Führung machen.
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Pius M
Eine super Möglichkeit für eine Tour mit individuellen Bedürfnissen.
Wir wollten keine Tour mit den üblichen und bekannten Sehenswürdigkeiten von Bologna und haben dies so mitgeteilt. Unsere äusserst sympathische, einheimische Guide hat dies hervorragend umgesetzt. Wir besuchten einen "moderneren" Stadtteil nördlich des Haptbahnhofes, "La Bolognina", der unter anderem auch viel mit der Migrationsgeschichte Bolognas zu tun hat und viele versteckte Attraktionen bietet. Lorenza, unsere Guide, hatte sich ausgezeichnet vorbereitet und uns viele spannende Geschichten und Details erzählt. Es war zudem äusserst interessant, sich mit ihr bei dieser Gelegenheit über Aktualitäten und das Alltagsleben der Bologneser zu unterhalten. Ein absoluter Volltreffer!
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Laura V
Con Lorenza in giro per Bologna
Abbiamo fatto l'esperienza con Lorenza. È stata davvero un’esperienza indimenticabile. Lorenza è una local host appassionata della sua città e sa trasmettere questo amore anche ai suoi ospiti. Tante curiosità interessanti oltre, naturalmente, alla visita “classica”.
Lorenza | BolognaReview by: Dieter H
Ein nettes Kennenlernen der Stadt ...
Ein nettes Kennenlernen der Stadt ...
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way