Composing / Playing music, Eating good food, Watching movies, Travelling as much as I can, Jogging / Biking
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
People who viewed Claudio also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I'm Gabriele, proudly born and raised in Bologna. I'm a certified tour leader in Emilia Romagna and with me, you can discover the original charm and lively character of this fascinating city, get insider stories and discover hidden gems! If it's true that the place where we are born says so much about us, then my city and generally my region Emilia Romagna represent my best business card. I love good food, good company and traditions, but at the same time I'm a curious globetrotter, always ready to embrace diversity. This last aspect has led me to explore different cultures, languages, and countries: I lived in Estonia, Spain, Germany, and Canada at different stages of my life for studying and working reasons (I've worked several years as Digital Marketing Specialist so, luckily, a job that can be done from different part of the world). Of every place, I keep unique memories; this is because I have been fortunate enough to share my experiences with locals, and I know how this aspect can make a stay unique. After many years living abroad, I returned home with a newfound appreciation of the place I'm from. Follow along as I explore, with fresh eyes, my hometown Bologna and surrounding region of Emilia-Romagna.
Gabriele Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, Italian
Hi!I am Benedetta, a local girl who loves Bologna and its art, places to go, music and food.I am graduated in contemporary art. I love to meet new people and new cultures and share the passion for my city and my art and food knowledge with tourists and travellers! I would be happy to show you the authenticity of Bologna.
Benedetta Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I'm a young guy, always worked. I study literature, in a private school. Won a scolarship for it- love Bologna and everyday trying to discover it. Worked as waiter in the centre. Interested in art.
Oussama Is Great For
High-end travellers, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, Arabic, Italian
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Bologna that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
Claudio | BolognaReview by: Yunna T
Could not have had a better trip on our own
We decided to meet Claudio on the day we arrived in Bologna and it was the best decision we made. We learned to navigate the city, heard about the amazing history of the place, found a few facts we would have never known about and he even gave us a list of places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, many of which we tried and were amazed by how good they were. A little pasta place which had a long queue of locals but was hard to understand how it worked so if we'd gone past it we never would have tried it and it would have been a real shame as it was amazing!! Claudio was great with our 2 year old and we even met him for aperitivos the following evening as we became friends. I look forward to meeting him again!
Claudio | BolognaReview by: Viviana A
Claudio is the best
I was a bit skeptical at first as my partner does not like any kind of guide and he's very shy and reserved. However, I didn't need to worry because Claudio is very nice, sociable and easygoing. Following our hints about what we like and what we don't, he crafted the perfect experience for us. We had just 2 hours but it felt right for our needs. He also left us a mini guide with some addresses for food, shopping etc that we religiously used as a reference for the rest of our trip!
Claudio | BolognaReview by: Magda P
You can tell immediately that Claudio loves Bologna and knows the city like the back of his hand. He's the loveliest guide, with many stories to tell but also a true interest in you and what you'd like to see/experience in the city. Ask for restaurant/bar recommendations for an authentic Bologna experience. I can't imagine anyone possibly being disappointed with food in Bologna (at least if you follow Claudio's recommendations). It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip!
Claudio | BolognaReview by: Tilda N
Bologna off the beaten path
My boyfriend and I were on a road trip in Italy and decided last minute to stop in Bologna for 2 days. It was such a great idea! Claudio was amazing! He took us to Bolognina, which he told us is the up and coming, funky neighbourhood in Bologna. Thanks to him we discovered many arty spots, street art and quirky things, on the way he pointed at restaurants and wine bars which looked excellent. we would have never found these on our own! We now love Bologna and will defo go back to meet Claudio!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way