Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 34 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 13 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
Food, Restaurants, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, European, Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, African, Cooking, Culture, Cinema, Spirits & Wine, Music, Gigs, Concerts, Festivals, Outside Spaces, Parks, Canals, Rivers, Lakes, Markets, Street Tours, Walking Explorations, Nightlife, Electronic, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Folk, Reggae, Hip hop, Soul, Live Events, Child friendly, Children 0-2, Children 3-7, Children 8-11, Drinking, Cafes, Bars, Cocktail Bars, Wine Bars, Pubs
Centro Storico, Bolognina & Corticella, Colli, Costa & Saragozza
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
Have a walk in the city center, play music in the street, jog in a park, go to traditional restaurants, enjoy live music gigs and concert, exploring the town on a bicycle, spend some time in the main library, shop at the old markets, have aperitifs with friends.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way