English, French, Italian
cinema Cineteca di Bologna is a landmark in movie restauration, food: I have quite high standards which means that I can find you both the newest trend and the most, yoga: a hatha yoga teacher, I breath yoga and love the many schools and related events around town, "colli": winter or summer, whenever I can I take my car and drive up the hills just above Via San Ma, markets: farmers' market are quite a thing here too, with the official "slow food" market in the Cin
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
Marina's Bologna Recommendations
5 Reasons To Visit Bolognaby Marina NasiHere are our five top reasons to plan a little escape to Bologna.... Read More
Top 5 Veg(an) restaurants in Bolognaby Marina NasiHere's my top five veg(an) places to eat in Bologna... Read More
The 5 Best Gelato Spots in Bolognaby Marina NasiHere's the ultimate top five if you want to taste ice cream heaven ... Read More
24 hours in Bolognaby Marina NasiDid someone say they've only got one day in Bologna?! Not a problem, here's our local's perfect 24 hours for you to enjoy... Read More
People who viewed Marina also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Bologna that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
I'm proud to say that my family has lived in Bologna for generations! I've been loving my city for 41 years and I would like to show you some hidden treasures of its surroundings. I would also love to organize treasure hunts for children, so they can have fun too! After visiting Casalecchio di Reno and its natural beauties we could either get by foot directly to the famous Sanctuary of San Luca through the fascinating 2 km Path of the Bregoli (a pilgrim's way since Middle Ages) or cross the city from west to east as I do with my family on beautiful sunny days! We could stop at Giardini Margherita or in the city centre and at the end of the morning stop at my parents place to eat the best tortellini, tagliatelle, lasagne or tortelloni in town, ending with the most ancient dessert in Bologna, the rice cake, or with a delicious mascarpone or tiramisù. Momi and Maki (as I call them) are also available before or after lunch for an exclusive cooking class . Before our experience ends I'd love to show you some beautiful natural and historical gems around my birthplace Savena district and San Lazzaro di Savena or take you to the close by FICO Eataly World, the world's largest food park. About myself, I love studying languages (in the last 10 years I've been really fond of Japan and Japanese), travelling a lot and sometimes alone, organizing trips, reading, playing tennis and eating good food! Most of all I love my family :)
Claudia Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
English, Spanish, Japanese, Italian
Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 35 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 14 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Claudio Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
I am an open person and like to meet other people. I have always lived in Bologna and just love my city. I speak English, French and German fluently and Italian so I can help visitors to learn it. I know Bologna and would love to show and share it with visitors.
Lorenza Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
English, French, Spanish, Italian, German
Marina | BolognaReview by: Michael K
A great introduction to Bologna.
Marina was fun and interesting.
Marina | BolognaReview by: Leslie M T
Marina was amazing!
I requested an experience to see the university of Bologna and the science facilities. I travel a lot and take many tours, but Marina provided one of the best experiences I've ever had in Europe. I love being able to tailor a short discovery with such a personable and knowledgeable guide!!
Marina | BolognaReview by: Peter T
We enjoyed our walking experience very much.
Marina Showed us her favourite spots in Bologna. Unfortunately, some places could not be visited due to restoration works, which was not her fault. We enjoyed it very much.
Marina | BolognaReview by: Esra K
genuinely friendly local host
Marina helped us to enjoy our stay in Bologna even more, she understood what we were really looking for and showed us those places like the government building with the interesting steps, took us to her favourite gelato shop now which is our favorite, too ;) with her tips the two days we strolled through the city on our own became brighter.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way