English, French, Italian
cinema Cineteca di Bologna is a landmark in movie restauration, food: I have quite high standards which means that I can find you both the newest trend and the most, yoga: a hatha yoga teacher, I breath yoga and love the many schools and related events around town, "colli": winter or summer, whenever I can I take my car and drive up the hills just above Via San Ma, markets: farmers' market are quite a thing here too, with the official "slow food" market in the Cin
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
Marina's Bologna Recommendations
5 Reasons To Visit Bolognaby Marina NasiHere are our five top reasons to plan a little escape to Bologna.... Read More
Top 5 Veg(an) restaurants in Bolognaby Marina NasiHere's my top five veg(an) places to eat in Bologna... Read More
The 5 Best Gelato Spots in Bolognaby Marina NasiHere's the ultimate top five if you want to taste ice cream heaven ... Read More
24 hours in Bolognaby Marina NasiDid someone say they've only got one day in Bologna?! Not a problem, here's our local's perfect 24 hours for you to enjoy... Read More
People who viewed Marina also viewed these locals
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Bologna that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
Hallo! I'm a student of history of art and I'm glad to show you the most beautiful part of my city! I want to share with you a beautiful experience here, not only to visit museums and monuments but to spend an amazing time in my Bologna. I'm really easy-going and art-lover and I love to spend the time to drink, eat and talk with other people! We can also walk to San Luca, a beautiful church with 4 Kilometers arcades, or to reach the most famous view of the city. We can also hang around Bologna with a bicycle or walk to see the city by night! Hallo Freunde! Ich bin eine Studentin in Kunstgeschichte. Ich habe fuer drei Jahre hier in Bologna gelebt und jetzt studiere ich hier in meinem Master. Ich bin sehr froh mit dir meine Stadt besichtigen, aber auch erfahren, wie schoen diese Studenten-Stadt ist! Wir haben die alteste Universitaet in der ganzen Welt, sodass auch viele Studenten von der ganzen Welt! Ich esse un trinke auch gerne mit euch, um alle Spezialitaten zu probieren. Schreib mir bald!
Ottavia Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, New residents, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
English, Italian, German
Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 34 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 13 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Claudio Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
i'm Ilaria and i fell in love with Bologna 9 years ago when i came here for the university. I'm sociable, friendly and curious. I like to talk with people, discover their culture, history and learn from them. I like art, music, literature and photography. Usually, it's really easy be confortable with me. I would like to transmit my love for this city to anyone, talk about Bologna and its citizens, its food, music and history. Bologna has always been a generous, welcoming and full of history city, i will try to make you feel like home bringing you in the most typical places and show you how wonderful and magical can be this city.
Ilaria Is Great For
Bar lovers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
Marina | BolognaReview by: Michael K
A great introduction to Bologna.
Marina was fun and interesting.
Marina | BolognaReview by: Leslie M T
Marina was amazing!
I requested an experience to see the university of Bologna and the science facilities. I travel a lot and take many tours, but Marina provided one of the best experiences I've ever had in Europe. I love being able to tailor a short discovery with such a personable and knowledgeable guide!!
Marina | BolognaReview by: Peter T
We enjoyed our walking experience very much.
Marina Showed us her favourite spots in Bologna. Unfortunately, some places could not be visited due to restoration works, which was not her fault. We enjoyed it very much.
Marina | BolognaReview by: Esra K
genuinely friendly local host
Marina helped us to enjoy our stay in Bologna even more, she understood what we were really looking for and showed us those places like the government building with the interesting steps, took us to her favourite gelato shop now which is our favorite, too ;) with her tips the two days we strolled through the city on our own became brighter.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way