walk around historical streets, have local food and wine , go to a concert in a club, visit art gallery and important monuments., get lost in the town center
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
People who viewed Benedetta also viewed these hosts
Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 35 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 14 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Claudio Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
i'm Ilaria and i fell in love with Bologna 9 years ago when i came here for the university. I'm sociable, friendly and curious. I like to talk with people, discover their culture, history and learn from them. I like art, music, literature and photography. Usually, it's really easy be confortable with me. I would like to transmit my love for this city to anyone, talk about Bologna and its citizens, its food, music and history. Bologna has always been a generous, welcoming and full of history city, i will try to make you feel like home bringing you in the most typical places and show you how wonderful and magical can be this city.
Ilaria Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Ciao! I'm Gabriele, proudly born and raised in Bologna. I'm a certified tour leader in Emilia Romagna and with me, you can discover the original charm and lively character of this fascinating city, get insider stories and discover hidden gems! If it's true that the place where we are born says so much about us, then my city and generally my region Emilia Romagna represent my best business card. I love good food, good company and traditions, but at the same time I'm a curious globetrotter, always ready to embrace diversity. This last aspect has led me to explore different cultures, languages, and countries: I lived in Estonia, Spain, Germany, and Canada at different stages of my life for studying and working reasons (I've worked several years as Digital Marketing Specialist so, luckily, a job that can be done from different part of the world). Of every place, I keep unique memories; this is because I have been fortunate enough to share my experiences with locals, and I know how this aspect can make a stay unique. After many years living abroad, I returned home with a newfound appreciation of the place I'm from. Follow along as I explore, with fresh eyes, my hometown Bologna and surrounding region of Emilia-Romagna.
Gabriele Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, Italian
It's Mattia, I was born in Bologna 27 years ago, I organize food tours in my lovely city. I travelled a lot when I was younger and I lived in France and Australia for some months. I love meeting people, new culture ... and I'ld like to show you Bologna from a local perspective! Of course I'm a foodie!!
Mattia Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way