walking and exploring new areas of the city, good food and drink, eating well, all types of food, running, skating, cycling, walking, Segway ... by the beach, ice skating when it's too hot outside, investigating museum and other cultural places when it's too cold outside
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Barcelona
People who viewed Jonathan also viewed these locals
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Barcelona that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
I know the Old City as the back of my hand. So let's take a stroll in the Born Quarter's historic guilds and trades, actually a plethora of artisans workshops, vintage boutiques, cosmopolitan bistros, and hidden patios where you can stop and have a drink. Time to discover amazing wines you never heard of--elaborated with ground-breaking Catalonian grapes: White Grenache, Carignan, Trepat, Hairy Grenache... You will enjoy the food pairing at Cal Pep with quick tapas of fish, shellfish, and fresh produce. And if you fancy an excursion out of the city taking advantage of the balmy Mediterranean weather, meet the wine makers and have a tasting at the vineyard.
Xavier Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
English, Spanish, Catalan
Я получила высшее образование в итальянском университете города Падуя (Управление культуры и туризма), мне нравится путешествовать и узнавать новые страны и культуры. Последние 10 лет я живу в Барселоне - этот город влюбил в себя с самой первой встречи! Я хорошо узнала его историю и культуру, познакомилась с его традициями и каждодневной жизнью. Барселона намного интереснее и богаче, чем ее представляют традиционные гиды и справочники - колыбель модернизма, крупнейший порт Средиземноморья, километры пляжей, средиземноморская кухня и много-много еще. Я люблю показывать Барселону такой, какой ее знают и любят местные жители, но, зачастую, неизвестную большинству туристов.
ALINA Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers
Spanish, РУССКИЙ, ITALIANO
I moved to Barcelona 17 years ago and have been here ever since! I live on the outskirts of Barcelona in a residential area so consider myself well and truly integrated into the spanish lifestyle and way of living. I love the small and compact city that is Barcelona, I know all the main areas, and I am forever exploring and checking out places to visit and to eat. So lets meet and go and explore the beach and port area, the Gothic area, the main shopping areas, go and see the Gaudi Sagrada Familia and other masterpieces, check out FC Barcelona Nou Camp, .... the choice is yours!
Jonathan Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
Jonathan | BarcelonaReview by: Nancy P
Jonathon was a very fine host. He was on time and we were able to discuss our wishes forcwhatcand wherecto Go. Jonathan had many ideas and it was obvious he knewcthe city and the kind of places we wanted to go. We walked around the area and he showed us some of the points of interest. We ultimately found a restaurant that was very nice and the food selections were very good. Jonathan was a good conversationalist and was very interesting to talk with. He was pleasant, intelligent and very knowledgeable.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way