History, Art, entertainment, gardens, Urban walk
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Melbourne
People who viewed Massimo also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Melbourne that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
I am a Melbourne based artist. I am a very gentle mannered person and an understanding communicator. I'm good at any activities relate to art like museums and galleries.
YUSI Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I have lived in Melbourne for 30 years having moved here from Canada in the late 1980s. l fell in love with the city immediately on arrival and have watched with interest as it has grown and developed over the years into what is now a truly world-class city. I have plenty of experience as a traveller having travelled the world extensively throughout my life whether that be travelling on my own, with my family or with my wife. As well, for over seven years I worked as an editor, senior manager and writer for Lonely Planet Publications, which included writing the first and second editions of the LP Vancouver City Guide. I believe this personal and professional travel experience has given me a very good understanding of what goes into making a traveller's visit to a city inspiring, memorable and, most important of all, fun, no matter what their budget might be. With a range of interests that spans the arts, food & drink, history, music, markets, film, sports and the great outdoors, I believe I can tailor the perfect experience for just about anyone. Add to this my love of meeting new people, sharing great experiences and an innate desire to have fun, I believe I can help to make your visit to Melbourne an experience that will be cherished for a lifetime.
Chris Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
I am a born and raised Melbournian who loves her city! I have achieved a great amount of international travel but Melbourne will always be home. Every time I come back from an overseas trip, I appreciate my city even more. I see it with fresh eyes again and fall in love with my favourite spots over and over. I love that Melbourne is so diverse and can cater to a range of needs - food, shopping, history, sports, entertainment, arts/culture, architecture, parks, beaches - Melbourne has it all! I particularly love that the city is not too polished and there is an edge to it that some other established cities lack. It has a vibrant energy. It would be my honour to be an advocate for Melbourne and Melbourne tourism as a CityUnscripted local.
Angie Is Great For
Parks and nature, Solo travellers, Young adults
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way