Artistic and creative Swede showing you around my favourite city, with or without a skateboard under my feet :) I know a lot about Barcelona, I have lived here for many years and I love the way culture and art always seem to be present wherever I go. Ciutat Vella is my favourite are and where I spend most of my time, the contrast between old areas and new futuristic ones makes it a really interesting city to visit and to live in. I am interested in arts, history, language and culture and I am sure I can make sure the visitors will see and experience places and events that you typically won't find in the tourist brochures.
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers
English, Spanish, Swedish
Art, Major Galleries / Museums, Culture, Cinema, Historical, Clothing, Books/Stationary, Music, Food, Sports, Music, Gigs, Concerts, Festivals, Outside Spaces, Parks, Markets, Rock, Hip hop, Live Events, Cafes, Pubs
Dreta de l'Eixample, El Born, El Gòtic, El Poble-sec, El Raval, La Barceloneta, Nou Barris, Sant Antoni, Sant Pere/Santa Caterina, Sants-Montjuïc
My most exciting things to do in Barcelona
Nightlife is bustling, just hanging out at Macba or enjoying bars in Ciutat Vella, concerts and exhibitions.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way