Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Barcelona
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
I moved to Barcelona 17 years ago and have been here ever since! I live on the outskirts of Barcelona in a residential area so consider myself well and truly integrated into the spanish lifestyle and way of living. I love the small and compact city that is Barcelona, I know all the main areas, and I am forever exploring and checking out places to visit and to eat. So lets meet and go and explore the beach and port area, the Gothic area, the main shopping areas, go and see the Gaudi Sagrada Familia and other masterpieces, check out FC Barcelona Nou Camp, .... the choice is yours!
Jonathan Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I know the Old City as the back of my hand. So let's take a stroll in the Born Quarter's historic guilds and trades, actually a plethora of artisans workshops, vintage boutiques, cosmopolitan bistros, and hidden patios where you can stop and have a drink. Time to discover amazing wines you never heard of--elaborated with ground-breaking Catalonian grapes: White Grenache, Carignan, Trepat, Hairy Grenache... You will enjoy the food pairing at Cal Pep with quick tapas of fish, shellfish, and fresh produce. And if you fancy an excursion out of the city taking advantage of the balmy Mediterranean weather, meet the wine makers and have a tasting at the vineyard.
Xavier Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, Spanish, Catalan
Hi !!. I'm Francisco Miro, experienced local tour guide for private tours (only your group) with 7 years in the tourism industry in Barcelona. Born and raised in Barcelona at the neighbourhood of Gracia, next to Gaudi's Park, Park Güell, my playground as a boy. A traveller too that visited Europe, North America, Mexico, Belize, North Africa, Thailand, Bali. Also spent 8 years in England, graduated in a combined degree (Film and Arts). In 2010, became a development tourism agent, where I gained the skills to develop areas and design tours for specific client's needs. Sharp on the details to spot many thing that the naked eye tends to miss. I will be showing you my city and explaining the history of the neighbourhoods, giving you a lot of information of the sights, buildings and their artists/architects/engineers. With me we will discover our most important architect Antoni Gaudi and his work, his organics, religious and masonic influences. Where he comes out with the idea of the four arm cross that coronates all his buildings with actual examples and much more. . . Taking advantage of my photography background if you wish I will be taken some pictures of you from your visit in Barcelona and sends them to you as a keepsake at no extra cost. Those smiles and memories does not have a price. At the end of the tour I will help you to plan and what to see if you staying longer days in Barcelona. In my experience as a tour guide and in life made me understand that each person or group is unique and what is fast for ones is slow for others. One of my skills is to quickly get to know people and develop a fluid and open communication to understand their needs and adapt the tour to them.
Francisco Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
I’m a friendly, easygoing Irish girl. I like to have fun and laugh a lot. I’m a big foodie so living in Barcelona is perfect for me as there are so many great places to eat
Caroline Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way