English, Spanish, german,italian,dutch
Sport, Reading, travel, movies, going out, cooking, meet friends and of course working in what i like to do.
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
People who viewed Alejandro also viewed these hosts
I am a peoples person, easy to get along with and always willing to learn new things. Highly motivated individual with a brilliant personality. What people like most about me is my compassion and understanding and that i am very easy to talk to. I guess my unusual talent would be my ability to read people. I have grown to love this city so much that i cant imagine living anywhere else. it is easily accessible by transport from one end to the other, the liberal life style and acceptance other cultures and races. what would make me a great CityUnscripted Local, is the fact that i am a living testimony of an immigrant turned local and it feels like i have lived here all my life and would not trade this city for any other.
Anthony Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, Dutch, Dutch Average
My friends come very often to Amsterdam and I still find new places to show them because this city is buzzing! I love to make people enjoy and discover new things because i love it myself. Originally from Paris, I have lived in New Zealand and Australia and travelled a bit in Asia and South America. My new passion for Bartending is the opposite of yoga but they fit perfectly with me. A few years ago I worked for a French lonely Planet ( Petit Fute) in Amsterdam. So if you would like to see a photo exhibition, have a coffee in a trendy place near a canal and finish the night in a hipster club or the other way round, become a Local with me!
Gregoire Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, French, Spanish
Hello, I’m Dennis and I love my city. I’ve always believed Amsterdam has so much more to offer than what the guidebooks tell you. But as a visitor, it’s all too easy to get caught up in the highlights and miss out on having an authentic Amsterdam experience. That’s why I’m passionate about showing you my city from a truly local perspective. Think about discovering the city with a friend; I’ll gladly share all my favourite routes and hangouts with you while letting you in on a bit of Dutch history and culture too. Above all, I enjoy getting to know you better so that we can explore all the places that really spark your interest. I believe an experience is a great way to get a feel for a new place, which is why I recommend meeting on one of your first days in the city. This will enable me to respond to all of your requests and give you enough time to make the most of new discoveries as well as my suggestions for more things to see and do while you’re here. I look forward to meeting you and making the experience together!
Dennis Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Social Scientist with master's degree in political sociology. Tour guide passionate about the history and the alternative scene of Amsterdam. I am a musician, I really like arts and crafts and I love to travel to different cities and just feel the atmosphere (slow travel). Specialized in tours in Portuguese and English.
Sandy Is Great For
Food & Drink, Solo travellers
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way