find nice foods & restaurants, stroll the town, going out with budget , visit Japanese Garden, visit Museum
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Rumi also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I'm Martino from Firenze, I am 38 years old and I live in Tokyo area from more than 10 years. I make my living as a magician all around Japan. I can guide you in Tokyo to nice place where you can see Japanese culture , eat Japanese typical food, buy interesting souvenirs and do shopping. And of course I can guide you in Akihabara area, the capital of manga, anime and videogames!"
Martino Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Hello ! Bonjour ! I'm from France but I lived in London for 10 years and travelled to southeast Asia for a couple of months for a career break before arriving in Japan. I have a business and finance background but I'm now an entrepreneur developing my own activity. I'm passionate about travelling and I visited over 40 countries. I love conversations with people, listen to their stories and share mine and I like to show the diverse sides of Tokyo, from the traditional temples, to trendy shopping streets, hipster areas and of course the touristic places from your travel book too. Whether you speak French or English and would like to visit Tokyo with a friendly local, feel free to reach out to me, I would be happy to show you around. I'm open minded and respectful of traditions, culture, gender and sexual orientation.
Anne-Laure Is Great For
LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Young adults
I am Daniela, I am half Italian and half Japanese. I was born and grew up in Milan, I have been living in London for 5 years and then moved to Tokyo 5 years ago! I love Japanese temples and shrines, food and street fashion.
Daniela Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Hi, I've been working and living in Tokyo for more than 15 years. I'm a friendly and relaxed person and would be happy to give tours of up to 4 or 5 hours. I am the perfect match for solo travelers, couples, and families with kids (little ones, teenagers) who are looking to experience traditional/typical tourist things and also to see everyday life of people in Tokyo. If you would like to book me please email CityUnscripted for availability as I'm not currently accepting direct bookings. I'm looking forward to showing you around Tokyo! Thank you.
Yuki Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Rumi | TokyoReview by: Mark and Joanne R
A perfect introduction to Tokyo and Japan - very recommended
Dear Rumi, thank you so much for helping us find our way around Tokyo! We enjoyed everything we did. We were very confidant after our day with you to use the underground and trains to get around, go into restaurants and sites and thoroughly enjoyed our time in Tokyo - after our time skiing (no injuries!), we changed our plans and had 3 more days there on our way home. Mark did eventually buy a knife on Kappabashi Street! He loves it but might have to return for a longer one! We walked there from the ferry stop at Asakusa and had food at the Culture Fest in Ueno Park. Without your thoughtful help we could have been a little overwhelmed, thank you again - we will come back to your beautiful country.
Rumi | TokyoReview by: Richard I
Wonderful experience of Tokyo dining
Rumi took us to two restaurants on our first night in Tokyo. The first was a delightful traditional restaurant, delightfully run by a woman who had been a maiko and ran the restaurant with grace and style. The food was delicious! We then moved on to a restaurant at the other end of the spectrum - loud, very busy and specializing in food from Nagoya, esp spicy chicken wings. Found the smoi=king a challenge, but the buzz and energy of the place were awesome! Rumi was very attentive and constantly checked on our well-being. Highly recommended!
Rumi | TokyoReview by: Alicia D
Lovely tour around Tokyo
We had such a great afternoon with Rumi :) She planned a delightful day with all the information we sent through. She showed us areas of the city that we would have never encountered on our own (Yanaka) and the food was delicious! We tried all kinds of street food that was hard to beat. We ended the tour with a green tea and cake set looking over a peaceful garden in Ginza. Rumi also wrote down a few more recommendations on what to do in Tokyo. Thank you again Rumi for the tour and little gift :) 5 stars!
Rumi | TokyoReview by: Marie Alice F
Rumi a été un super guide !! Sans elle, je me serais perdue. Merci !
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way