dancing, Traveling, Learning new languages, Explore different parts of Tokyo, Japanese calligraphy and hand craft
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Yuki also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I'm Martino from Firenze, I am 38 years old and I live in Tokyo area from more than 10 years. I make my living as a magician all around Japan. I can guide you in Tokyo to nice place where you can see Japanese culture , eat Japanese typical food, buy interesting souvenirs and do shopping. And of course I can guide you in Akihabara area, the capital of manga, anime and videogames!"
Martino Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Although I was born and raised in Brazil , I've been living in Japan for 22 years. I've been to many places around the country, as my Instagram feed reveals, but I know the Akihabara area in the city best. I enjoy meeting new people, travelling, exploring new and different places, and participating in tea ceremonies. I speak English , Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese . I'm always on the search for the best spots for photography , and I'd like to share some of them with you. An interesting fact about me is that I've been assembling my PCs by myself since 1999. I also enjoy reading cyber punk novels, especially the ones by William Gibson, because they feature lots of quotations of the Japanese culture. Tokyo can be described as a city of contrasts where traditional shrines blend with futuristic high rises, shopping alleys, cat cafes and sometimes even rickshaws.
Cristiano Is Great For
History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese
Hello! I'm Rumi, just have started my career as a tour guide this spring. I am very happy to share wonderful experiences here in TOKYO with you. Food, history, traditional crafts, unique fashion, high rise buildings...Let's find out many beautiful aspects of the city together!
Rumi Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
My Name is Naji Matar, a certified Tour Guide and Tour Planner with 5 years of experience. I speak English, Japanese and Arabic. I have been living in Japan for 8 years. I also lead tours throughout Japan, mainly Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Himeji Nagoya ,Tohoku, Okinawa, Kiyakusho Tokyo, Mt.Fuji and many city's more.
Naji Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, Arabic, Japanese
Yuki | TokyoReview by: Peter T
Explore the City with a Local for 5 hours
It was the first trip to Japan for my wife and myself. We stayed in Tokyo for two nights, went to Kyoto for two nights and went back to Tokyo for two more nights staying at a different area. I wanted someone to show us some of basics and hidden areas before we start exploring on our own. City Unscripted sent me a questionnaire a week before the tour to find out my interest to match us up with a local host. Yuki was perfect for us. She took into account where we were staying on the days that we were in Tokyo. We took the Tokyo subway and visited quite a few places. Yuki took us to where based on what we like to see and our time frame. Tokyo is too big a city to cover in a few days, let alone 5 hours. Besides showing us the sights in the five hours, Yuki also marked up the areas that we could visit later that day and when we came back from Kyoto to Tokyo. We followed her suggestions and were able to explore quite a few places on our own. We could take our time window shopping and sample different foods and a group tour would not work well for us. We also do not need a local guide to chaperone us the entire time. This was the perfect arrangement for us and Yuki was invaluable. Yuki also speaks perfect English. I found language to be quite a problem in Japan if you cannot speak Japanese.
Yuki | TokyoReview by: Bettina & Gerd E
A lovely intro to Tokyo and Japan - thanks, Yuki!
On rather short notice, we had decided to book a guide, as this was our first time in Japan. Usually, we rather travel independently and prefer to explore our travel destination by ourselves, but having Yuki guide us through our first hours in Tokyo proved to be a wonderful experience which we highly recommend to fellow travellers! Despite the short notice, Yuki had prepared a schedule proposal that perfectly fit our interests. Also during the tour, Yuki was very attentive in capturing our interests and needs, and sharing an insight into the Japanese way of life. She is indeed a great ambassador for Japan! On the practical side, she gave us hints that were very helpful throughout our further travel. We have enjoyed our tour with Yuki very much, and would like to thank her for the pleasant company :-)
Yuki | TokyoReview by: Michael and Helen B
City Unscripted: A great way to get a quick introduction to a new city
I had booked a private tour with City Unscripted at very short notice ( sorry ) and was pleasantly surprised by their quick response to my inquiry and the prompt contact from our guide, Yuki. Once I had provided a brief of what we wanted to see and learn, Yuki then prepared the program. We asked for a 4 hour walking tour to show us the surrounds of our Hotel (Hilton Shinjuku) City of Shinjuku, rail station and help us to get the electronic card and how the system works, plus a tour around to see a few sights. Yuki arrived and greeted us at the Hotel at the agreed time and after a briefing, we set off. Yuki is a lovely person who was able to introduce us to the city in a way that helped us be more independent for the rest of our trip and remove s the fear of the unknown. She was so patient, attentive and informative. Has a lovely smile and speaks very good English. She was able to help us get the Rail card and helped us to understand the fundamentals of the schedule and route system. We then use the train system to get to some sights including a fantastic Shinto Temple and some some of the best shopping areas. This is not our first tour with City Unscripted and as with previous ones, we were very satisfied. Yuki is wonderful and a great ambassador for Japan and City Unscripted. We will be using their services again in other cities we visit as a great way to get an introduction and perhaps more specific interests. Michael & Helen
Yuki | TokyoReview by: Margaret G
Kickstart your Trip
Our morning tour with Yuki met our requests well. Yuki met us at our hotel and guided, explained, and engaged with us in a very friendly and informative manner. A wonderful introduction to Tokyo. Thank you Yuki
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way