Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
Music, Art, Food, Shopping, Urban walks
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
I originally came from the European country of Poland but have dedicated the last 27 years of my life to Asia, including 22 years spent studying and working as a translator and interpreter, researcher, tour guide, and business coordinator in in Japan and China. I speak 6 languages and I am collecting a material to write a book about Japan. I especially love Tokyo by night with its hidden charm. During the day, I prefer to indulge in the beauty of Japanese countryside. Only 40 km away from central Tokyo a paradise of wild nature, hot springs, village shrines and temples await you if you let me be your guide.
Fabiola Is Great For
Foodies, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Mandarin, Japanese, Polish, Russian and basic Spanish
I am Czech living in Japan for 17 years. I work as s private guide and enjoy meeting new people and showing them around. I am huge foodie and love good wine. With big interest in Japanese culture, I can take you to many traditional places and explain the customs and traditions.
Blanka Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Japanese, Czech
I've been living in Tokyo for over seven years and have explored this wonderful city and its fascinating suburbs with a real passion. I am especially interested in the sacred buildings of Tokyo, and have visited a huge number of temples, shrines, and churches in the city, and know them very well indeed.
My love of exploring actually started in Thailand and Korea, where I lived for many years before coming to Japan, but Tokyo is home now! I'm a Permanent Resident and very very happy here!
I'm the author of a number of books on Tokyo temples, including the only English-language guide books to the Tokyo and Musashino Kannon Pilgrimages, and I have also published a guide to the Christian churches and cathedrals of central Tokyo. But these days I spend most of my free time studying Japanese reading, which is great fun, and my wife and I love going out to Chichibu, a wonderful little town in the mountains west of Tokyo.
What people like about me is my enthusiasm! I wouldn't be any good at "Tokyo after dark" tours or anything like that, but for anyone interested in the traditional sights of this city, as well as modern architecture, parks, and walks in local areas, I bring energy, knowledge, the ability to compare with other countries, and a real love for this place which is now home.
You can read more about me on my blog here.
I look forward to exploring Tokyo with you soon!
PS - if you would like to walk a seven-lucky-gods pilgrimage with me, one of the best I know in Tokyo, just let me know! It's open all year round, takes just three to four hours, and is great fun.
Marcus Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way