I'm a shopping maniac, I love movies and sometimes I walk down the street pretending to have my own soundtrack, I am an actress (still waiting for Academy Awards), food addicted (pizza and sushi are my drugs), I'm a volunteer for a Foundation which preserve cultural and historical heritage
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
People who viewed Letizia also viewed these locals
I’m Italian mother tongue but I speak English fluently and French. I am a qualified translator with a degree in Cultural and Linguistic Mediation Sciences. I’ve been working for the Ministry of Education, University and Research in Italy for about 5 years and I’ve been providing administrative support to the Director-General, covering different roles and collaborating on important projects in partnership with NGOs and other organizations. I’ve been living in Melbourne for about a year where I worked as a Fundraiser Assistant for “Australian Animal Rescue”, a local NGO that provides direct care, sanctuary, veterinary care, a wild life hospital and other services for all animals in need. Since 2015 I came back to England and I worked for an American and an English company located near London. I’ve always desired to work in an international environments, especially in close contact with foreign people and it was also the main reason I took my degree in Cultural Mediation a couple of years ago. I have a big passion in other cultures and I have been travelling around the world twice to understand closely the subjet of my studies. I was born and raised in Rome and I'm sure I know this city very well. I have been living in the heart of Rome (Trastevere) for 24 years, then I moved to a foreign country. I've also been traveling as I said, and when I came back to Rome, a couple of months ago, I relocated to a suburban area, learning also the difficulties of living in this amazing city. I'm a very extroverted person and I love to discover new things everyday, putting myself to the test and learning a lot also from people around me. I'd like to thank you for considering me for this position. Please don't hesistate to contact me for any further information and for a pontetial interview. Regards, Francesca.
Francesca Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies
English, French, Italian
Hi, I am an anthropologist and photographer who has been living in Rome for the last 6 years but also lived in London and Paris. I am passionate about art, design, museums and above all I am a nature and food lover. I'd love to show you the city beyond the post-card Rome. If you want to discover unusual places, the Roman street art scene, tiny pasta shops, the post-industrial districts, hidden Caravaggio's paintings...book me!!
Alessandro Is Great For
First time visitors, High-end travellers, Solo travellers
English, French, Italian
I am an Italian/American architect that knows both sides of the world, love to share and make people at ease. Love arts and discovering Rome walking
Giuseppe Is Great For
Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Senior travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids
Cycling excursions? Worth a try ! Faster and funny ! I love my city and I’m proud to show it to visitors. My walking excursions in the City are the ideal way to enjoy it with someone who knows it well. I cycle to work and around the city for pleasure so if you like cycling we can arrange to see it by bike. (A completely different experience) I'm 51, I work in an IT Company but studied Art at Classical High School and have a passion for history. I have lived in Rome all my life so can help with the practical stuff as well as the sights, (even the hidden ones that only a local would know).
Angelo Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way