Hi! My name is Juliet. I've always loved to travel, but when I first came to London, I instantly fell in love with the city, and knew I was going to stay.
Budget travellers, First time visitors, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers
English, Italian, German, Hungarian
Art, Food, Shopping, Nightlife
Chelsea, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Soho
My most exciting things to do in London
Visiting the galleries, walking in parks, sightseeing walks and exploring the lesser known bars and restaurants. I love cooking and discovering new cuisines and restaurants. I'm still mesmerised by the fact that you can walk down the street and see a traditional Indian restaurant next to a modern Japanese-Peruvian fusion bar and a small and hidden Austrian "hutted" style venue. Another thing I admire in London is the organic and healthy food culture. As a serious health and fitness enthusiast, the plethora of healthy, organic and raw restaurants available are such a blessing. The countless yoga places, running clubs, and fitness events were all new to me too! Whenever I'm not eating or trying out a Sunday yoga workshop, I am a lover of shopping. It is a well-known fact, that Londoners are a stylish bunch, and now I've discovered their secret! I love commercial brands, but shopping at London's wide variety of independent local designers gives that unique twist to your style. And last but not least, the park culture. As opposed to other cities, you can't find many gardens in London, but the amazing, huge parks make up for that! My favourite is Regent's Park with the Zoo and the boating lake, and Kyoto Gardens, a Japanese style Zen garden in Holland Park. There is something for everyone here, and I'm sure you will fall in love with this city just as much as I have!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way