Theatre, opera, arts, Cocktail bars, Sport (i.e. football)
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in London
People who viewed Adrian also viewed these hosts
I'm a writer and former journalist who has lived in London for more than 30 years. I love meeting new people and showing them the most fun and exciting places that this city has to offer.
Neon Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, High-end travellers, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
I have always enjoyed travelling and tried to do as much of it as I can. I have lived on and off in London for well over 10 years but have also lived in the Middle East and in Southern Africa. Most of our travel these days is much closer to home and is family based. My favourite trips have always involved people- normally with old friends but sometimes you get lucky and meet some truly amazing characters that bring everything alive and help you see things differently. The worst cities can become the best when you have a good friend to show you around.
Nick Is Great For
High-end travellers, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
I love meeting people, travelling and speak Spanish, French and English. I also trained as a flute player and teach English to foreign students. I lived in France for 21 years, and have come back to lovely, lively London.
Nikki Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
English, French, Spanish
I have lived and worked in central London in theatre, advertising and as a script writer for 40 years. I know my town well. I have played leading roles in some twenty West End shows and also written, produced and directed business events. I am also a voice actor, regularly recording commercials and narratives for major brands.
Steve Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers
Steve | LondonReview by: Rachel G
We had an 8 hour talking tour with Adrian and it was simply fantastic. We wandered all over the city and Adrian was a wellspring of knowledge about the city and its history, important landmarks, as well as the current climate of London culture today. I highly recommend touring with Adrian—it was definitely the highlight of our trip.
Adrian | LondonReview by: Nisha K
Thank you so much for the amazing tour today. It was a great learning experience for all of us and we got to see and learn things we never would have without you. We appreciated your sharing your knowledge and your city with us.
Adrian | LondonReview by: Mark H
Adrain was very knowledgeable
Adrian is a real character and the way I imagined an english man to be like. He had loads of interesting stories. He took us around and we got to see a lot of what we had on our list and more in just half a day. We really enjoyed our time with Adrian.
Adrian | LondonReview by: Gail B
4 hour walking tour with private guide in London
Never having been to London before, this seemed like the best way to see the highlights within our limited time frame. It was! Adrian came with a plan based on what we had told him beforehand that we wanted to see, and we did that plus other things that he suggested. His plan was flexible enough to go with whatever was happening yet structured enough that we covered it all in the allotted time while still learning many interesting things about the area. I would highly recommend a City Unscripted tour in any place you are visiting for the first time. They meet you and drop you back off at a place of your choosing and show you things you would probably not see in a short amount of time otherwise.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way