Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Manchester
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I am Francesca and Italian teacher who lives in Manchester. I moved here in 2015 but I've been dreaming about moving to this amazing city for a long time! Why? Because Manchester has everything you need, if you know where to look for..football and music above all, but also museums, great walks and restaurants and its University and culture. I will bring you around the city while listening to some good Mancunian tunes to discover its hidden gems and will give you tips for the best restaurants in town.
Francesca Is Great For
LGBTQ, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Italian
Having lived in Manchester most of my life and built a business here, I never get bored of this great city. I'm a big Manchester United fan and spend most of my social time eating and drinking in the city, or with my children at the many play areas and country parks dotted around the area. I know the bar, restaurant and nightlife scene well, have a reasonable knowledge of the city's music, art, cultural and history that all contributes towards making it the great place that it is today. I love Manchester's quirky areas such as Castlefield and The Northern Quarter, and everything in between too.
Kieran Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
I am very friendly and approachable, I have a great deal of knowledge about cool places to go in Greater Manchester ( that means Manchester + the surrounding towns and villages). I love this city and I have done since I came here 13 years ago! I find it to be an exciting and fun place to live, with great job opportunities. I am involved in the lively couchsurfing community and through CAMRA, the real ale scene. The new brew scene is very trendy at the moment, there is a renaissance of beer happening at this time. I also like to visit rural areas, canal walks, beauty art galleries, ancient monuments, thumping rock concerts, wild parties, sumptuous restaurants and calm english parks.
Kevin Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers
Hi world! My name is Vittorio and I also went through the same situation as you, we were all new once. But no worries! I will make sure you feel at home, but in a completely new country and full of experiences to live. I am a very kind and friendly Student in Manchester always with a smile to offer and expert in getting along with anyone no matter what language you speak, where you come from or how old you are so do not hesitate to ask me or talk about anything, I always will be very pleased to hear you, It will seem like you've known me for years! Manchester have incredible things to offer for each kind of personality and nice stories to tell, so just tell me about yourself, what you like and of course! Also about how you imagine your perfect trip to manchester! And I'll take care of the rest. If you are over 18, ask me about my professional degree in parties, clubs and bars so let me show you the amazing night life of Manchester.
Vittorio Is Great For
Nightlife, Food & Drink
English, Spanish, Italian
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way