English, Mandarin, Cantonese
Fashion, Cooking, trying different restaurant , reading in the cafe, taking photos in the city
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Brighton
People who viewed Nok Yiu also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Brighton that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch
Hello! My name is Alexandros (Alex), Greek in origin and residing in Brighton since 2014, when I came for my masters in Urban Design. I am genuinely a city person. I was born in a city, raised in a city, loved and been loved in a city. Without neglecting the rural, cities shape our personalities and interests while we shape cities as well. I am an architect and the city is my subject. I love music and arts and I always try to experience first-hand all those aspects that make our cities beautiful and/or unique, interesting and friendly. I am a psychogeographic enthusiast, meaning I pay extra attention to local history, obscure legends and 'uncharted' territories while I always try to experience my locale from the flipside of modernization.
Alexandros Is Great For
Food & Drink, Solo travellers
Hi. I have been a resident of Brighton for about five years and am a firm devotee of much that the city offers in terms of culture, outlook and innovation. I have a keen interest in local history and a large and wide-ranging interest in many of the arts including fine art, literature, cinema and music and can provide an excellent introduction to what makes Brighton so special and unique in these respects. I consider myself confident and sociable and also love the vibrant, exciting and cosmopolitan nightlife of the city, though I also enjoy running and spending time in the Sussex countryside. Above all, I enjoy discussion and getting to know new people and sharing opinions and experiences.
Steve Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families
I am an Austrian-Egyptian local to Egypt and have been in Brighton for almost 2 years. Coming from such a different background and, I am extremely culturally diverse (I speak 3 languages). As a person, I'm very outgoing and have a positive attitude towards life in general. Through life, I've come to learn that projecting a good energy attracts good things to your life. Attitude really makes all the difference in perceiving the world. Whether you paint a difficult situation as a crisis or as an opportunity to grow and build character is all up to you. People tend to tell me that I am a very easy-going, down-to-earth guy and that they enjoy their conversations with me. I try to smile as often as I can. As for my talents: I'm a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist (which I am pursuing as a career through my ongoing BA in Digital Music & Sound Arts at the University of Brighton), I also paint as a hobby. Brighton is an incredible city that has so much diversity to offer to its people and tourists. One of the main reasons why I made this long journey over here from Egypt in the first place is its amazing music scene. There seem to be venues playing every style of music, not only focusing on the commercial genres. I would make a great CityUnscripted Local because I come from a very diverse background. I have an eye for what people are comfortable with and what a culture's taboos may be. I also speak 3 languages fluently, which will prove to be extremely useful in such a field of work. I'd imagine many travellers aren't the best at speaking English, and having a tour guide who speaks their native language will make fulfilling their wishes a much simpler task. I look forward to hearing back from you and cannot wait to start showing off this amazing city of ours.
Tarek Is Great For
Food & Drink, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, Arabic, German
Nok Yiu's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way