English, German, Finnish
Discovering the history of Berlin (especially Eastern Germany), maybe even by bike, Finding the small shops in Mitte or Prenzlauer Berg, with a tasty latte afterwards, Sports: play Floorball, watch ice-hockey or basketball, Visiting playing grounds with my children, Eat and drink in a nice atmosphere with nice people
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
People who viewed Jenni also viewed these hosts
I love getting to know new people and places. I'm completely in love with Berlin's vibrant mix of history and new beginnings, excellence in traditional art forms as well as alternative music, theatre and visual arts. I'm a classical singer but have always had very broad interests; for many years I specialised in traditional dance and percussion from Latin America and the Caribbean and I still play with a Cuban percussion ensemble here in Berlin. Apart from music I have a passion for fine food and drink, religion, philosophy, history, queer and alternative histories and museums as well as visual arts from painting to cinema and how they link with wider artistic movements such as Bauhaus and Dada. Among my other jobs I have been a care-worker, story-teller and workshop leader, so I have great experience working with children, young people and those with special needs. I'm a generous Host and love connecting people and showing them new places, stories and ideas that others have shared with me.
Caspar Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Berlin enthusiast Breandáin is a musician, broadcast journalist and writer. He has lived in Germany for over 20 years, performing and working as a radio producer and presenter for international media. Having produced a weekly arts magazine for Germany’s international broadcaster for 20 years, he has an indepth knowledge about the artistic happenings and venues in the German capital. But he also enjoys introducing all the must-see locations to visitors, as well offbeat places, like Tiergarten, with it’s lush forest and beer gardens, or Moabit, a captivating suburb rich in history, urbanscapes and cafés, and surrounded by water. And as a musician, Breandáin has insider tips about the local opera, classical and jazz music scenes.
Breandáin Is Great For
High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Berlin that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
You Perfect Local Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
I'm a freelance photographer, independent tour guide and city flaneur for already more than 6 years living in Berlin, and I have explored the city from inside out. I am a self-proclaimed hedonist, and find excitement in sensual, emotional and intellectual aspects of life. I have been working as a guide for both individual travelers and my friends, speaking English, Russian and Italian, fluently.
Anastasia Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Italian, Russian
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way