What you'll do
Perhaps you’ll ride the Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway and see the incredible views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi from a height, or maybe you’d prefer to coast through the fairy-tale setting of the Music Forest Museum for a more unusual experience, browsing a collection of automatic musical instruments.
Explore the unique, world-renowned work of the ancient art of fabric dyeing at the Itchiku Kubota Art Museum and Maple Corridor. Admire the beautiful kimono depicting themes of nature and the cosmos and the unfinished masterpiece "Symphony of Light"; a piece comprising 80 kimono that together form a picture of Mount Fuji. Sip a green tea in the tearoom with views across the lake and wander the gardens of mini waterfalls, forests and tunnels of trees.
If an hour of relaxation sounds more like it, try one of the many hot spring baths across the Fuji Five Lake region. Some come with stunning views of Mount Fuji, such as Yurari; a modern, beautifully designed public hot spring facility home to 6 types of baths with the idea of feng shui and Hado-art. With a variety of gender segregated indoor and outdoor baths, a Reiho open air bath, a cave bath, and a Goemon bath (where the metal bathtub is heated from beneath), the experience will be sure to relax you and stimulate the senses.
Discover the hidden gems in the scenic Kawaguchi-ko area that are just around the corner from iconic Mt. Fuji, and experience Japan’s natural beauty in a new light with your Host by your side, who can also give you recommendations for other things to do in the area during your travels.
- Private and personalised experience
- 10 hours with a host specially chosen for you
- Return trip to Kawaguchi-ko via Express bus from Shinjuku or Tokyo
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What’s not included
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to attractions
- Transport costs other than the round trip to kawaguchi-ko
- Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund
- Join a Host, who will organise your transport tickets, to journey to Kawaguchi-ko and explore this beautiful area
- Enjoy some peace and quiet at the Fuji Five Lakes and enjoy spectacular views of Mount Fuji
- You could visit one of the area’s famous hot springs, known as onsen
- Discover the ancient art of fabric dyeing at the Itchiku Kubota Art Museum and Maple Corridor
- Visit a unique museum, and sip tea in a traditional tea house
- Get recommendations from your Host for other day trips to make from Tokyo