What you'll do
Visit a beloved local bakery where traditional baking methods and regional ingredients meet new and delicious ideas! Working with flour you may never have heard of like graham, einkorn, buckwheat, and with a love of crispy sourdoughs and hearty rye breads, discover the Swedish baking tradition as you indulge in freshly baked traditional breads, cakes and pastries.
Of course, no foodie experience in Stockholm would be complete without enjoying the beloved Swedish past-time of fika. All about slowing down and savouring time with yourself, your family or friends and enjoying a coffee and cake, your local will take you to one of their favourite coffee shops where you can try a traditional pastry like a cinnamon bun and sip a freshly ground coffee.
Many neighbourhoods in Stockholm each have their own farmers’ market where locals buy fresh, organic produce and regional ingredients, homemade preserves, cured meats and local cheeses. Choose whether you’d like to explore one of these markets which most tourists don’t visit, or if you’d prefer to visit one of the city’s iconic market halls, known as saluhallar. On a much grander scale than local markets, these market halls are where you’ll find and taste gourmet delights like pickled herring, smoked salmon, cured meats, local cheeses like Västerbotten, jams made from lingonberry and cloudberry and handmade chocolates. Indulge and taste these specialities, buy some treats to take home with you and learn about Swedish ingredients.
Stop by a cafe, bar or even an urban brewery where you can taste a locally brewed beer, cider or a locally pressed fruit juice and learn about the Swedish brewing tradition and the ingredients and techniques used to make crisp ciders and hoppy ales.
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 6-8 tastings of local specialities, a coffee and alcoholic/non alcoholic drink
* Unlimited local knowledge and insights
* 3 hours with a Local host
* Scenic Walking Experience
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to those included
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local foodie to eat and drink your way around Stockholm!
* Sample 6 - 8 dishes and a glass of wine, craft beer or a locally pressed fruit juice
* Stroll through the city and learn about it’s food culture, the ingredients and produce that go into each traditional recipe
* Explore a famers’ market or an impressive market hall and try cheeses, cured meats, picked herring and smoked salmon
* Visit a bakery and learn about Swedish baking traditions and of course sample fresh breads and pastries
* Stop by one of your local’s favourite coffee shops and enjoy fika together
* Learn about local ingredients, recipes and food traditions from your local