What you'll do
Seoul is surrounded by and full of stunning trails which scale the many granite mountains, along the valleys and through hillside forests which are a beloved feature of the landscape.
Even in the heart of the city there’s plenty of green space and amazing hiking trails to be enjoyed! The Namsam Mountain lies in the very centre of the city, and perched on top you’ll find N-Seoul Tower - there are many trails of varying difficulty leading to the top where you can enjoy panoramic views over the whole city!
If you’d like to escape the city, your host will plan a hike for you along one of the trails which border the city. The Seoul Trail is a 157km long route which surrounds the entire city and is made up of 8 unique courses, and along each one you’ll you’ll discover more about the history of Seoul, its culture and ecosystem. From an easy half day stroll along the Anyangcheon Stream to challenging all day hike through the most famous high peaks, there’s a trail to suit everyone.
Or, let your host suggest a different and completely unique hike for you, which takes in the kind of scenery and culture you’d like to explore. For example, if you’re fascinated by Seoul’s Buddhist temples, exploring the forests of the Bukhasan National Park is a must!
Luckily for you and your host, hiking is so popular in Seoul that at the foot of almost every mountain you’ll be able to find a local eatery to refuel at! Feast on traditional dishes like a filling bowl of bibimbap, a steaming bowl of chueotang (a spicy fish soup served with rice) or japchae (sweet and savoury stir fried glass noodles).
Get recommendations for other trails to hike during the rest of your trip based on your preferences and what you’d most like to see!
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience
* Insider knowledge and insights
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Discover the natural beauty of the granite mountains and lush forests which surround Seoul
* Join a like-minded host to enjoy a day’s hiking along one of the city’s trails
* Your host will plan a route which suits your ability, how long you’d like to hike and what you’d like to see along the way
* Climb one of the city’s most famous mountains or get off the beaten path and discover Buddhist temples in the forest of Bukhasan National Park
* Or enjoy hiking along one of the eight trails which are part of the Seoul Trail, a 157km trail around the whole city
* After your hike, feast on some delicious local dishes at a nearby restaurant