What you'll do
Explore the labyrinth of cobbled streets in the old Jewish Quarter, discover its long and rich history and visit the architectural landmarks which make this ancient walled city so enchanting.
Marvel at the city’s most impressive landmarks; you’ll visit the Catedral de Santa María de Girona, which was actually built on the site of a former mosque between the 11th and 18th centuries, and features a melting pot of architectural styles including its Romanesque cloister and the widest Gothic nave in the world.
Stroll along the riverbank and see the famed brightly coloured houses which line either side; you may like to continue exploring the Old Town or maybe you’d like to wander over one of the bridges and discover the city’s newer quarters and the commercial centre.
When you get hungry, your host will recommend one of their favourite restaurants or relaxed local eateries, where you can enjoy a lazy long lunch of authentic Catalonian cuisine.
Refuelled, discover one of the city’s many incredible museums; whether you’d like to visit the Museum of Cinema, the Girona History Museum, the Jewish History Museum or the Girona Art Museum, you’ll find something which will captivate your interests! Or maybe you’d prefer to wander the streets more, getting lost down the old paved stone streets and up winding staircases, seeing the city’s history come to life for yourself.
Don’t miss a visit to the Arabic Baths, which date back to the 12th century; in the cool stillness of these beautiful baths, you’ll feel like you’ve entered a place of calm and tranquility as you wander through the various rooms to see their ornate columns and beautifully tiled turquoise pools.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Return train tickets from Barcelona and Girona
* Walking experience
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Take the train with your Local Host who will organise tickets from Barcelona to Girona
* Explore this beautiful and historic city with your host who will reveal its fascinating and diverse history to you
* Weave your way through the labyrinth of its ancient paved streets of the ancient Jewish Quarter and along the Roman and Medieval city walls
* Visit its landmark sights like the Cathedral and Arabic Baths
* Visit one of the diverse museums which the city is home to and discover more of its rich culture