What you'll do
Join a local New Yorker who is passionate about their neighbourhood’s incredible food scene, and who can’t wait to share with you exactly why Greenwich Village is at the centre of New York’s food map!
As one of the most historic neighbourhoods in New York, taste the West Village’s heritage as you stop by its beloved “mom and pop” food shops which have been owned by the same families for generations, and learn about the legacy of Italian immigrants who brought a rich food culture and heritage with them.
Visit neighbourhood institutions like Joe’s Pizza to try a classic NY slice, taste exquisite olive oil, sample artisanal cheeses, indulge in Sicilian arancini - these are truly decadent bites of fried rice stuffed with cheese - and satisfy your sweet tooth with freshly filled cannoli from Rocco’s.
As well as tasting the neighbourhood’s Italian delicacies, try Cuban empanadas, enjoy a glass of wine and feel like a kid again as you savour gooey, still warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies!
This lively neighbourhood is known for its wide range of cuisines that reflect the ethnic diversity of NYC. But despite the daily new arrivals, many cafes, restaurants, delis and bakeries opened almost a century ago, and are now local institutions, where owners greet their customers by name and you’ll get a taste of the community spirit that the area still has.
As you zigzag through the neighbourhood, your local will regale you with anecdotes about the Village’s bohemian history, point out the spots where it’s legends like Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan found inspiration, and share with you unique bites of history that only locals know!
Spend time getting to know your local, chat about your favourite food and get some insider recommendations of the most authentic local places to eat and drink on the rest of your trip, at places your local knows you will love.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 food tastings of your Local Host's favourite spots
* Walking experience
What's Not Included
* Food other than the tastings included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a food-loving local to discover NY’s most foodie neighbourhood and indulge in its historic gastronomic culture
* Explore historic Greenwich with a local and eat your way around the area together
* Get a taste of Greenwich’s history and the flavours that make this neighbourhood so special
* Sample 6 local delicacies and learn about the area’s food culture, from its Italian specialities to artisanal fresh cheeses, freshly baked cookies to hearty empanadas
* Stop by the bakeries, delis, pizzerias, and restaurants that are local institutions and at the heart of the local community
* Discover the area’s history and visit local landmarks and places of interest
* Get recommendations from your local for other neighbourhoods to explore, more places to eat in Greenwich and other local restaurants to try during your trip
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Greg M
Great tour round Greenwich
Maurita was an excellent guide and host. We learned a lot about the area, sampled some great food and enjoyed a lot of good conversation during the tour. We had a great time and the time flew by despite the snow and rain!
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Bodo L
Hi - die Tour war sehr interessant, vielfältig und sehr unterhaltsam
Wir würden den Guide wieder buchen, er hat uns auf viele Dinge aufmerksam gemacht und war sehr offen für unsere Wünsche, Fragen und Essens Interessen. Wir hatten einen regen wussensaustausch und hatten viel Spaß dabei. Die ausgewählten Testrestaurants und Cafés waren sehr freundlich, lecker und auch außergewöhnlich. Vielen Dank
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Joe H
Wonderful Food tour
Our food tour through City Unscripted was exactly what we were looking for. It was NOT a big group outing. It WAS our outing with a guide (Maurita). Our tour was based on our answers to a questionnaire of what we liked, disliked, and what we wanted to see, etc. It was a little more expensive then the other tours, but we definitely found value in it. As for Maurita, she was a wonderful guide and very knowledgeable (about many things NYC.). She is a journalist from Italy, so she has a very unassuming delivery when she is sharing her knowledge.
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Sarah E
maurita was very knowledgeable about the area. great friendly host defiantly recommended. lots of food and places to see. even saw the friend and sex in the city building. excellent experience