What you'll do
Join a local New Yorker who is passionate about their neighbourhood’s incredible food scene, and who can’t wait to share with you exactly why Greenwich Village is at the centre of New York’s food map!
As one of the most historic neighbourhoods in New York, taste the West Village’s heritage as you stop by its beloved “mom and pop” food shops which have been owned by the same families for generations, and learn about the legacy of Italian immigrants who brought a rich food culture and heritage with them.
Visit neighbourhood institutions like Joe’s Pizza to try a classic NY slice, taste exquisite olive oil, sample artisanal cheeses, indulge in Sicilian arancini - these are truly decadent bites of fried rice stuffed with cheese - and satisfy your sweet tooth with freshly filled cannoli from Rocco’s.
As well as tasting the neighbourhood’s Italian delicacies, try Cuban empanadas, enjoy a glass of wine and feel like a kid again as you savour gooey, still warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies!
This lively neighbourhood is known for its wide range of cuisines that reflect the ethnic diversity of NYC. But despite the daily new arrivals, many cafes, restaurants, delis and bakeries opened almost a century ago, and are now local institutions, where owners greet their customers by name and you’ll get a taste of the community spirit that the area still has.
As you zigzag through the neighbourhood, your local will regale you with anecdotes about the Village’s bohemian history, point out the spots where it’s legends like Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan found inspiration, and share with you unique bites of history that only locals know!
Spend time getting to know your local, chat about your favourite food and get some insider recommendations of the most authentic local places to eat and drink on the rest of your trip, at places your local knows you will love.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 food tastings of your Local Host's favourite spots
* Walking experience
What's Not Included
* Food other than the tastings included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a food-loving local to discover NY’s most foodie neighbourhood and indulge in its historic gastronomic culture
* Explore historic Greenwich with a local and eat your way around the area together
* Get a taste of Greenwich’s history and the flavours that make this neighbourhood so special
* Sample 6 local delicacies and learn about the area’s food culture, from its Italian specialities to artisanal fresh cheeses, freshly baked cookies to hearty empanadas
* Stop by the bakeries, delis, pizzerias, and restaurants that are local institutions and at the heart of the local community
* Discover the area’s history and visit local landmarks and places of interest
* Get recommendations from your local for other neighbourhoods to explore, more places to eat in Greenwich and other local restaurants to try during your trip
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Cathy S
Fun, good company, good food. Ross was very knowledgeable . Well worth your time.
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Dianna J
Excellent tailored tasting tour combined with interesting local knowledge
It was a pleasure spending a few hours getting to know the neighbourhood and discovering some great places to sample food from local eateries with Ross. He is polite and considerate and very professional tailoring your tour to exactly what you want to eat, experience and learn. City unscripted is an innovative way to tour and Ross a passionate ambassador and very personable.
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Joseph B
Jorge was very knowledgeable and really showed us some great places.
Greenwich Village Food Crawl | New YorkReview by: Jennifer T
Fabio hosted me and my family on this food crawl through Greenwich Village and by the end we could not move (in the best possible way). We were staying in the area so we thought it would be a good idea to get to know the food joints around us . Fabio choose a range of places for us to try. As we had the kids with us, we asked Fabio to pick places that would appeal to them. we had so much to eat; pizza, bagels, cookie dough, donuts. Obviously the kids loved it too. Fabio was also great & patient with our boys, they kept asking him to do his SpongeBob Squarepants impression (which was actually really good). ahah