What you'll do
Grab a bite to eat or stop for a coffee at one of the local’s favourite cafés, restaurants or street food markets; a place that suits your preferences, budget and dietary requirements which also gives you a taste of local Scottish cuisine!
Stop by any shops, galleries, markets or spots that catch your eye as you make your way through the charming city on your personalised route which remains flexible throughout, get local insight into well known sites and discover a few hidden spots that you wouldn’t find in a guidebook.
Your Local Host will also advise you on the best way to spend the following days of your trip, allowing you to discover other areas of Edinburgh that you will love.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Spend 5 hours with a local who will create an experience that's fully customised to your interests and what you'd most like to see
* See Edinburgh's iconic attractions or off the beaten path spots - the choice is yours!
* Get a unique insider’s perspective as you explore the city
* Discover the highlights of the area or neighbourhood that you explore
* See the real Edinburgh that you wouldn't find in a guidebook
* Eat and drink like a local, picking up street food from a market or stopping off at a well loved neighbourhood restaurant or coffee shop
* Get tips and tricks from your local for other areas to explore and exciting things to do on the rest of your trip
Edinburgh's best kept secrets | EdinburghReview by: Fred G
Doug was a wonderful guide! He met us at our hotel and our tour truly gave us a local’s view of Edinburgh, away from the typical tourist sites! We learned so much about this historic city!
Edinburgh's best kept secrets | EdinburghReview by: Espen E
We had a super experience with Sarah in Edinburgh
Edinburgh's best kept secrets | EdinburghReview by: Altoney G
Luiza was Amazing
Our local host was amazing! We really had a good time and learned a lot.