What you'll do
Visit renowned galleries or interactive museums where your kids can explore and get hands on with the exhibits, or get outdoors and let you local design a bespoke route which take in the most famous attractions from the Castle to Holyrood.
Stop by a neighbourhood cafe or restaurant to refuel, and discover great local eateries that are just around around the corner from the main tourist sights - our locals will recommend family friendly eateries that everyone will love as well as spots to pick up emergency snacks on the go!
Spend time getting to know your Local host who can give you advice and recommendations for things to see and do with your tribe and suggest family friendly restaurants, whatever kind of food your little ones like!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personalities and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you’ll visit famous museums and parks, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places and restaurants that are loved by local families, and that you wouldn’t find a in a guide book.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local host
* Entrance to Holyrood Park & Palace
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local who knows the best family friendly spots in the city
* Whether your kids are 5 or 15, your local will suggest places they know you’ll love
* Enjoy a unique experience that's tailored to your family's interests and needs
* Visit exciting interactive museums, explore Edinburgh's parks and explore a family friendly neighbourhood
* Get tips and tricks from your local about other great things to do as a family in Edinburgh
* Get recommendations for the best kid friendly restaurants in the city from your local
Family Friendly: Edinburgh with Kids | EdinburghReview by: John M
Great experience and guide
Sarah was a fabulous local host. She showed us all the sights of Edinburgh and gave us lots of interesting history and stories along the way. She was very flexible in what we did and where we went to meet our needs. If you book this experience ask for Sarah.