What you'll do
Stroll through a neighbourhood famed for its literary roots and visit the places that once inspired writers and poets, and stop to enjoy a coffee in Rome’s oldest cafe where iconic authors like Byron and Keats once met to.
Spend time getting to know your local, who can give you recommendations for other inspiring places in the city to visit, or simply discuss your favourite books together over a coffee!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary based on your literary loves, and to agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will visit well known literary attractions, your Local Host will also help you to discover unique bookstores, literary spots, and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook, and make the city unique.
* A coffee, tea or soft drink
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks from those provided in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Explore Rome’s most literary neighbourhood with a local who is a fellow book lover
* See the former homes of famous authors who once lived in Rome
* Browse the unique bookstores in the city that only a book lover would know about
* See the places that have inspired incredible writers and the spots that have featured in famous novels
* Enjoy a coffee in Rome’s oldest coffee shop
* Chat about your favourite books with your local and get recommendations for other bookshops and places to visit
Rome’s Literary Legacy | RomeReview by: Gabriella I
I found my literature soul-mate
I booked the literature experience in Rome when I was travelling solo across the major cities in Italy. Letizia was fantastic. She graduated in Italian literature and shares my passion for English Romantic poets, we have so much in common! She showed me the paces which are special for her, like the Keats-Shelley Memorial House which is just right beside the Spanish Steps. I didn't know about this! I wish I had more time in Rome as Letizia spoke with passion about many places I couldn't visit in this occasion... I am booking my next flight to Rome asap and will book Letizia again, no doubt!