What you'll do
Get off the tourist trail and ditch the tourist menus to discover a restaurant that serves authentic dishes, using fresh and seasonal ingredients and classic recipes, so you can get a taste of the real Rome.
Enjoy a traditional meal with your local, try Roman specialties and eat like an Italian, starting with a pasta like the perfect carbonara or amatriciana for primo and saltimbocca, roast veal or some artichokes if they are in season for secondo. Or why not let you Local Host order a local dish you may never have heard of?
Slow down and take the time to immerse yourself in the local food culture, discovering a restaurant that’s loved by locals where you’ll see just how passionate Romans are about their food, and sip a glass of wine while you can discover the dishes that the city is renowned for.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, chat about your favourite foods and get some insider recommendations for the best local places to eat for the rest of your trip.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary based on your literary loves, and to agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although this is a food and drink themed experience, your Local Host will also help you to discover unique shops, inspiring places and independent galleries as well as sharing stories that you won’t find in a guidebook, and make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* A full meal consisting of antipasti to share, then 2 courses and 2 drinks per person
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to those stated above
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Eat and drink like a local in a classic trattoria or osteria
* Discover the places where the locals really eat and try the classic dishes that are served there
* Learn about Italian food culture and the dishes that are eaten as primo and secondo
* Enjoy an authentic meal with a local by your side, trying traditional Roman dishes
* Taste the flavours of Rome as you order the classic dishes that are staples in the city
* Enjoy a glass of regional wine, a beer or soft drink with your meal
* Get tips and recommendations from your local about the best places to eat in the city so you can continue to eat like a local