What you'll do
Uncover the history and archeological remains of ancient Mexico City which have been lost amongst the chaotic modern city with a Local Host who is an archeologist, and is passionate about sharing the city’s ancient heritage with you.
Discover sacred Mexica sites and an ancient barrio, gaining a unique insight into these historic places through the knowledge of your archaeologist host. Immerse yourself in Mexico City’s culture and history through exploring Templo Mayor, Zócalo and the Centro Historico as well as exploring off the beaten path neighbourhoods built in the Spanish colonial style.
Explore the downtown area of the city, soaking up the exciting fusion of Mexica and Spanish cultures, colonial and modern architecture and discover historic and archeological gems which are hidden throughout the area.
Discover the exciting fusion of ancient and contemporary in this diverse city, where cultural heritage and tradition are as much a part of contemporary life as they are remembered in history. As you stroll through the city you’ll be able to discover its ancient roots as well as the more recent Spanish influences which have fused to create CDMX’s colourful character and completely unique culture.
As you stroll through the city, learn about both the ancient and modern cultures of the city from your local, taste traditional foods like tacos and get to know your host, who can give you more insider tips and share secrets of where you can uncover even more historic gems.
* 100% Private and personalized experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Authentic local knowledge and insights
* Entry to the Museum of Templo Mayor
What's Not Included
* Food & drinks
* Entry to ticketed attractions
* Transport (can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Gratuities (optional)
This is a walking city discovery and thus entry to museums is not part of the experience although this can be arranged at an additional cost.
Wear a hat and comfy shoes, as this is a four-hour walking experience and you need to be comfortable.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local who is an archeologist to discover the city’s past and cultural heritage
* See the exciting fusion of ancient Mexica and contemporary Spanish cultures
* Visit famous historic attractions like Templo Mayor and the Centro Historico
* Explore historic neighbourhoods built in the Spanish colonial style
* Discover the city’s ancient Aztec history as well as more recent Spanish influences
* Get tips and tricks from your local about other historic sites to visit
* Taste some delicious and traditional tacos, learning about their history
* See the marvellous mix of old and new, colonial and modern architecture of downtown of Mexico City
Mexico City Through the Eyes of an Archaeologist | Mexico CityReview by: Daniele e Marialuisa D
Volevamo fare il tour dello Zòcalo con una guida che ci spiegasse nel dettaglio tutto. Così ho cercato su internet e mi sono imbattuta in CityUnscripted e devo dire che sono stato efficientissimi. Ho inviato un paio di mail per prendere accordi e abbiamo avuto la nostra guida privata per un tour di 3 ore a piedi del centro storico per 75 dollari. Mirko, un ragazzo italiano, laureato in archeologia, che studia a Città del Messico per perfezionarsi è stato molto bravo nel condurci a spasso nel tempo tra i vari monumenti. Molto interessante, il tempio Major, che si trova adiacente alla maestosa Plaza della Constitution di epoca precolombiana, la cattedrale bellissima e tutto il resto. Bravi e bravo Mirko!