What you'll do
Explore some of the Cambridge University buildings and sights which are open to the public, like the Bridge of Sighs, an ornate covered stone bridge which Third Court at St John’s College Cambridge with the New Court, and the impressive Gothic architecture and stained glass of King’s College Chapel.
Stroll along The Backs, a picturesque path which follows the River Cam past the manicured lawns of the university, its college buildings and bridges.
Pay homage to Cambridge’s iconic attractions which are steeped in history, like the Trinity College Library where you’ll find an original manuscript of Winnie the Pooh and Newton’s “Principia Mathematica” on display, the gold Corpus Clock and Corpus Christi College and the Cambridge University Botanic Gardens.
When you feel like stopping for lunch, your local will take you to an authentic pub British pub, where you can enjoy Great British classics and a pint of real ale, or maybe you’d prefer to head to one of the city’s cafes where locally grown produce is served.
After lunch, punt along the River Cam in one of the city’s iconic boats, lazily taking in the scenery and spotting Byron’s Pools.
Before you return to London, you’ll be able to discover that there’s more to the city than its historic university and culture of academia - browse its charming market, visit a contemporary art gallery or the Fitzwilliam Museum, an incredible collection of art and antiquities.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Return train ticket to Cambridge
* Walking experience once at destination
* Local advice, knowledge and insights
What's Not Included
* Your food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs other than the ones included in the experience
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* Take the train with your like-minded local, who will organise your tickets from London to Cambridge
* Explore this beautiful university city which is steeped in history, culture and academia
* Visit the famous university buildings and admire the architecture
* Stroll along The Backs, seeing the university from the edge of the River Cam
* Enjoy a traditional meal in an authentic local pub
* Take a punt, Cambridge’s traditional boats, and float along the river to see Byron’s Pools
* Visit the Fizwilliam Museum and browse the city’s outdoor market
Day Trip To Cambridge | LondonReview by: Angela D
Really good experience and guide
We loved visiting Cambridge with our guide Elle, she was so kind, friendly and patient and it really made our vacation to England memorable! We will definitely be booking with CityUnscripted again.