What you'll do
Head to the beach and enjoy walking along one of the clifftop coastal paths or along the sand, climb the famous Arthur’s Seat or ask your local to take you off the beaten path (literally!) to discover more peaceful trails, or enjoy relaxing in one of the city’s many parks.
Even in the heart of the city, there’s plenty of green space - from The Meadows where locals walk their dogs, play rugby and picnic when the sun’s out to the Botanic Gardens, however you like to enjoy nature you’ll find something to fit your style perfectly in Edinburgh!
Get tips and tricks from your local for other outdoor activities to enjoy in the city, parks to relax in or walks to try out and keep enjoying Edinburgh’s parks and nature like a local!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a like-minded local to get outdoors and active in Edinburgh!
* Make the most of the natural beauty that surrounds the city or the green spaces you can find even in the city centre
* Let your local take you on a hike, or relax in a local park - the choice is yours!
* Your local will design a unique itinerary for you that allows you enjoy some fresh air and get active during your trip
* Get tips and recommendations from your local about other outdoor actives to enjoy during the rest of your stay
Explore Edinburgh's Wonderful Outdoors | EdinburghReview by: Chelsea M
A New Best Friend
Sarah was the single most wonderful tour guide I have had in my lifetime of travelling (36 countries & counting)! My boyfriend and I toured Edinburgh with her for an afternoon, and she was very knowledgeable and friendly! We learned so much about the city in our 4 hours with her. In the end, it felt like we truly made a new best friend. I cannot say enough about Sarah and highly recommend her for anyone looking for a fun and informative tour guide while in Scotland. Grazie mille, Sarah!