What you'll do
Stroll through the area with your local and stop by the historic landmarks that tell the story of East Germany from the end of WWII through the Cold War years like the Brandenburg Gate, Tunnel 57 and Bornholmer Strasse where the wall eventually fell.
Hear fascinating local stories from your host as you explore the area, and see how the area has evolved into the vibrant and creative place it is known to be today.
See incredible street art, browse flea markets and stop by independent coffee shops and book stores, getting a taste of contemporary life in the area and experiencing the vibrant local culture.
Get recommendations from your local about other historic areas to explore in the city and landmarks to visit as well as finding out where the trendiest bars and hidden local gems are in East Berlin!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personalities and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will visit well known attractions, your Local Host will also help you to discover unique cinemas, screenings and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook, and make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a history loving local to explore East Berlin and discover its past and present
* Visit historic landmarks that tell the story of the WWII and the Cold War
* Stroll through the neighbourhood and soak up its rich history
* Hear fascinating local stories from your host that you won’t find in a history book!
* Get a taste of contemporary life in the area as you discover the locals’ street art, stop by unique coffee shops and flea markets
* See why East Berlin is known today as one of the most creative and artistic parts of the city
* Get recommendations from your local for other areas to explore in Berlin