What you'll do
Eat and drink your way around the neighbourhood which was built in the 17th century, soaking up the bohemian atmosphere and historic culture, and of course enjoying a taste of the real Amsterdam as you eat and drink like a local.
Discover the traditional dishes and classic foods which have been local favourites for generations and are part of Amsterdam’s food heritage, like stroopwafel, Amsterdam herrings, smoked sausage and cheeses.
As well as this, discover the other side of Amsterdam’s cuisine, and the flavours of Indonesia and Suriname as you stop by a restaurant where you can try a dish that’s packed with spices.
This once working class neighbourhood now has a diverse food scene, so you’ll stop by a range of venues, from cafes to bars, street food stands to a traditional restaurant, chocolate shops to a specialist cheese shop!
With a local by your side, discover the history of Amsterdam’s food culture as well as its best loved dishes, taste 8 of the local favourites foods and drinks and see the city through its food!
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 6-8 foods to taste selected by your Local Host based on your preferences and dietary requirements
* 2 beers or soft drinks
* Walking experience
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to discover Amsterdam’s food culture and taste the classic local dishes
* Explore the 17th century, bohemian Jordaan neighbourhood and eat and drink your way around its markets, cafes, street food stalls and local eateries
* Sample 8 local dishes and drinks, from traditional Dutch foods like herring to Indonesian dishes, locally brewed craft beer and coffee
* Try local produce like smoked sausage and locally made Dutch cheese
* Get recommendations from your local for other places to eat and drink in the city