What you'll do
Visit the most famous historic sights like the Dom Tower, an impressive gothic tower which has stood here since 1143 and climb the steps to the top and enjoy the panoramic view - you can even spot Amsterdam in the distance!
Stroll through the charming streets and discover historic buildings, churches and a castle, and you’ll soon see why Utrecht is known to be one of the country’s most historically significant cities.
Visit Oudegracht, one of the oldest canals in Europe which dates from Medieval times, and see the underground wharfs which have now been converted and are home to local cafes, independent boutiques and unique shops.
Utrecht is packed with museums, so whether you’d like to see the Miffy Museum or a historic art gallery, your local can recommend a museum which you’ll love!
Enjoy a meal at a bistro, restaurant or cafe that serves delicious and authentic local food, or perhaps pick up some street food and enjoy it as you sit on the banks of a canal.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest a few trattoria options and agree a meeting time and place.
Although you will enjoy a meal at a great trattoria, your Local Host will also help you with suggestions to discover other great places to eat & drink and suggest local spots that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 6 hours with a Local Host
* Transportation cost to and from Utrecht, which takes around 30 minutes by fast train
* Walking experience once at destination (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Go on a day trip from Amsterdam to Utrecht, a beautiful and historic city
* Explore this charming and culturally rich city with a local
* Discover the most iconic and historic sights like the Dom Tower
* Stroll along the charming streets and along the beautiful canals lined with terraced houses
* Enjoy an authentic meal at a local bistro or restaurant with your local
* Get recommendations and tips for the remainder of your trip