What you'll do
Climb to the top of Molen de Adriaan, a traditional Dutch windmill which overlooks the river; although this is a reconstruction, this classic windmill will give you a taste of the city through the ages!
Visit the Frans Hals museum to see the incredible paintings of Haarlem’s most famous resident, stroll along cobbled streets which have been voted the best shopping destination in the Netherlands, discover hidden courtyards and try some local beer at a traditional brewery - you’ll see that despite its size there’s so much to see in Haarlem!
Enjoy an authentic meal with your local, and get recommendations for other places to explore during your stay, so you can keep traveling like a local!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest a few trattoria options and agree a meeting time and place.
Although you will enjoy a meal at a great trattoria, your Local Host will also help you with suggestions to discover other great places to eat & drink and suggest local spots that you won’t find in a guidebook and that makes the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 5 hours with a Local Host
* Transportation cost to and from Haarlem, which takes up to 20 minutes by fast train
* Walking experience once at destination (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Take a train from Amsterdam with a local to Haarlem, a Medieval city to the north
* Explore the city and discover its rich culture and historic landmarks
* See the most iconic attractions like the Grote Kerk, Molen de Adrian, and Grote Markt
* Visit famous museums and galleries, browse unique boutiques or simply stroll through the city to discover hidden gems
* Enjoy an authentic local meal at a restaurant recommended by your local
* Get recommendations for other trips to take from Amsterdam or areas of the city to explore