What you'll do
Join a local to browse the very best of Tokyo’s unique and quirky stores and where to shop like a local!
Discover Tokyo’s distinct style in the stores where you can buy anything from clothing to gadgets, comics to cameras.
Your local will show you neighbourhoods renowned for their quirky street style and show you the stores where otaku fanatics shop for all things manga and anime!
Discover unique shops catering to anime fanatics, huge electrical stores and quirky 100 yen stores which sell bits and bobs you’d never have thought you needed - until you laid eyes on them!
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, and get tips and recommendations for where else to shop during your visit, as well as for places to eat or other activities your Local Host knows you will love.
- Explore the neighbourhoods known to be the best areas to shop in Tokyo
- Whatever you want to shop for, be it souvenirs or a new camera, your local can show you where the best stores are
- Discover the quirky and unique shops that you’ll only find in Tokyo
- Visit fashionable Harajuku to see the iconic street style and a mall that anime fans love
- Get tips and tricks from your local about other areas to shop
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 5 hours with a Local Host
* Pick-up from your accommodation (within a reasonable distance)
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's not included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
To be agreed with your Local Host.