What you'll do
You’ll visit three different sake bars, each completely unique and in distinct and sample a couple of different sake in each, so you’ll be able to experience not only the diversity of the drink itself but the authentic venues where locals go to drink it.
In each bar, learn a little about the history of this uniquely Japanese drink, how to choose sake and the differences between the different regions, varieties, temperatures it can be served at and types of sake - although you certainly don’t need to be a sake connoisseur to enjoy this experience!
Weave your way through Shinjuku and discover the tiny bars and eateries where locals stop for a drink on the way home from work, and where sake lovers come to try new varieties. Depending on your preferences and interests, your Host can take you to a “kaku-uchi”, a specialist kind of sake shop where you can sample different varieties before you choose which bottles you’d like to buy.Or you could also visit a specialist sake bar and an izakaya – a traditional local bar. You’ll be amazed by the hundreds of varieties of sake available!
To accompany your drinks, at each stop your Host will order a small plate of small appetizers, which are often specialties of the venue. These are the perfect match to the sake which you’ll be drinking, so you can also get an authentic taste of some delicious local dishes too!
You’ll taste six different varieties of sake and learn about each one, as well as learning about sake culture and its history and significance in Japan. From discovering sake etiquette to sampling sake served at different temperatures and from different regions, you’ll be introduced to the amazing world of sake at its most authentic!
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a city Host
* 6 sake samples
* Walking experience
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a sake-loving Host to be introduced to the amazing world of sake as you explore Shinjuku together
* Visit three different bars and enjoy two samples of sake along with a small dish or plate of appetisers at each one
* Discover the diversity of types of sake as you sample varieties from different regions, of different ages and at different temperatures
* Enjoy delicious food which perfectly complements each variety of sake
* Learn about sake culture, the history of the drink and how to choose it as you visit each bar
* Explore the diversity of Shinjuku’s bars as you visit a variety of spots