What you'll do
Some of the most famous of Sydney’s attractions and the best things to do in the city are found in Darling Harbour, a one-stop-shop area when it comes to shopping, museums, entertainment and dining. From delicious and diverse global cuisine, countless bars and pubs, exciting attractions like Sydney Aquarium and great shopping, there’s always something happening around the harbour!
But if you feel like escaping the vibrant bustle of this pedestrian area, take a few moments of tranquility in the beautiful Chinese Garden of Friendship which is tucked away in a quiet corner of the wharf, or stroll through the green oasis of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
You could hop on a ferry at Circular Quay to see the wharf and its landmarks from the water, or head out to the Taronga Zoo or famous Luna Park, Sydney’s beloved amusement park with its distinctive art deco entrance.
To head back to the city, stroll over Sydney Harbour Bridge and enjoy the incredible panorama over the harbour and an alternative view of the Sydney’s bustling CBD.
Once you’re back on dry land it’s time to explore The Rocks, Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood which was established when the very first settlers landed here in 1788! This suburb may be the smallest in the city, but it’s certainly jam packed with the most history; stop by its legendary pubs for an ice-cold pint, walk the cobblestones and discover hidden courtyards, colonial era architecture and the colourful and wild history of this part of the city where convicts and entrepreneurs once came ashore!
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* A drink at Sydney's oldest pub
* Totally local and authentic knowledge and insghts
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience
* Join a like-minded local to explore the most iconic precinct in Sydney, Darling Harbour and The Rocks
* Explore Darling Harbour, the vibrant entertainment, shopping and dining district
* Enjoy the tranquility of the Chinese Garden of Friendship or stroll through the Royal Botanic Gardens
* Hop on the ferry at Circular Quay to Luna Park or Taronga Zoo, seeing the harbour from the water
* Walk back over Sydney Harbour Bridge to The Rocks, the oldest neighbourhood in the city
* Stop to enjoy an ice cold beer in Sydney’s oldest pub, or another of the historic watering holes that The Rocks is famous for
* Explore this historic, colonial era neighbourhood and uncover its history with your local