What you'll do
Nowhere is more Newtown than King Street, where boho boutiques, arthouse cinemas, organic coffee shops and petite galleries sit side by side eclectic thrift stores, vinyl shops and antique storerooms.
Having staked a claim on the Australian and international arts scene, pop into galleries and browse markets selling pieces by local artists, and look out for provocative street art that’s sprung up on abandoned warehouses and public walls.
Do some serious second hand shopping, be it in a thrift store, an antique dealers or just a bric-a-brac joint - in Newtown and Enmore one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
As well as soaking up the vibrant, offbeat atmosphere of the area’s main streets, duck down quiet alleyways and stroll through pockets of greenery in quiet parks, discover record stores where you could browse for hours and pick your favourite street art in the back streets.
As day turns to night, coffee shops and cafes close only for wine bars and pubs to open their doors rooftops; so join the crowds migrating to their favourite establishment and enjoy small plates of delicious food from around the globe, sip some Australian wines, local craft brews or an unusual cocktail before you join the waves of locals heading to indie establishments, arthouse cinemas or independent theatres.
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Discover the hippest neighbourhoods in Sydney, Newtown and Enmore with a like-minded local
* Soak up its free spirited and boho culture, wandering the main streets and quiet back alleys
* Browse thrift stores and antique shops, vinyl stores and chic boutiques
* Wander through the area and see its diverse and vibrant street art
* Stop by the many restaurants, cafes and bars that line Newtown’s King Street
* Experience the eclectic and left leaning atmosphere, discovering the coolest things to do in these areas with your local’s recommendations
Newtown and Enmore: Sydney's Hip Neighbourhoods | SydneyReview by: Gabriella L
I want to do it again!
My sister and I loved it - the local host took as to a hidden place which we could never have found on our own. Here we bought some bespoke jewellery and browsed some really cool bookshops - it is so cool that the locals do these book swaps! I wish we had more time in Melbourne!! We drank a glass of cabsav