What you'll do
Begin your experience at Circular Quay, the heart of Darling Harbour and Sydney’s most iconic area. Here you’ll be able to tick the most iconic sights like the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge off your bucket list, and explore the tranquil oasis of the Royal Botanic Garden. From here, there’s incredible views over the harbour and you can learn a little about Sydney’s Aboriginal heritage and the native plants which grow here, and the kids will love the open spaces to play in.
Even though this part of the city is always packed, you’ll find plenty of family friendly activities and your day could take any direction - quite literally! In Darling Harbour you could spend your day strolling, playing and exploring the family friendly attractions that are on offer here like the Aquarium or the Wildlife Park.
Or, you could hop on a ferry to Taronga Zoo, whose bush island setting has got to be one of the most exciting places in the world for a zoo! If you feel more like being thrilled by exhilarating rides (and being wowed by the kitsch design) then head across the harbour by ferry or walking across the bridge to Luna Park, an iconic amusement park which has been loved by kids and their parents for years.
But if you feel like exploring further afield and discovering some of Sydney’s beautiful coastline where you can play, surf, swim or just relax at the beach, your local will take you one of the beach suburbs like Manly, Bondi or Bronte where you can enjoy the local beach lifestyle and laid back atmosphere!
When it comes to choosing where and what to eat, your local will suggest family friendly restaurants based on your tastes and preferences, or take you to a farmers’ market where you’ll find a variety of fresh, locally sourced produce that’s in season and delicious global street food dishes!
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Have an experience that’s personalised to your family’s interests and what you’d most like to see
* Discover family friendly highlights as well as hidden gems where local families go
* Explore the best of Darling Harbour, where you can discover bucket list highlights like the Royal Botanic Garden
* Then decide where you'd like to explore! Whether you feel like visiting the zoo, an amusement park or going beachside to surf, swim and play by the ocean, Sydney is your playground!
* Enjoy authentic local food that suits your family’s tastes and preferences
* Discover outdoor activities as well as exiting things to do on rainy days like interactive museums
* Get recommendations for other family friendly things to do in the city