What you'll do
Stroll through the area and see the estate’s beautiful pre-war, Art Deco architecture, and get a glimpse of Tiong Bahru’s traditional culture, perhaps visiting a Taoist temple like the Qi Tian Temple.
Browse the unique shops you’ll find as you stroll through this character packed neighbourhood - from trendy pop up boutiques to quirky and eccentric design shops, vinyl record stores to unique bookshops, this is the place to shop (or window shop!) if you want to keep away from the shopping malls and chain stores.
Visit the wet market, where locals buy everything from dried herbs to live seafood, then stop at the traditional hawker centre to try some of the street food that the area is known for.
See another side of Singapore’s history as you stroll through the neighbourhood, stopping to see historic landmarks as well as soaking up the contemporary street style and visiting trendy neighbourhood hangouts.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do and eat.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see well known eateries and stores, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Visit one of Singapore's trendiest neighbourhoods historic Tiong Bahru with a local
* Get off the beaten path and explore another side of Singapore
* See the area’s iconic Art Deco architecture and traditional Taoist temples, soaking up Tiong Bahru’s history and culture
* Visit the local wet market and grab some delicious street food at the hawker centre
* Browse the unique and independent shops, galleries and pop ups
* Stop by an independent coffee shop or craft beer bar
* Get tips and tricks from your local about other neighbourhoods to explore during your visit.
Explore bohemian Tiong Bahru | SingaporeReview by: Alok K
2 unique tours!
My family and I tried out the kickstart tour on the day we arrived and the advice we got was so helpful that we thought we must come back for more and see something my son told me didnt exist in Singapore- creativity and bohemians- Mami proved him wrong!!!