What you'll do
In Seoul, each popular dish has its own "town" – a street filled with restaurants all serving their versions of that particular food. So choose a few dishes or let your local recommend their favourites, and visit the best “towns” for each dish, where you can taste the flavours and staple dishes that are a part of everyday life for Seoulites.
Explore the historic Namdaemun Market, a buzzing market which has been part of local life for over 600 years. Explore the stalls and sample a couple of dishes as they’re cooked up in front of you, or taste local snacks or fresh produce, wander through the this hub of local life and soak up the history and and culture of the market.
Visit a Korean barbecue restaurant with your local and enjoy trying this famous part of Seoul’s food culture - eating Korean barbecue is an experience best shared, and your local will recommend the best options, how to order and explain any ingredients you may be unfamiliar with.
Get tips and tricks from your local about the most authentic places to eat and drink during the rest of your trip.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do (and eat!).
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see well known markets and stores, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 2 - 3 samples of typical dishes and snacks at Namdaemun Market
* A dish from a local eatery in a food “town” of your choice
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Meal (including food and drinks) at a Korean barbecue restaurant
What's Not Included
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to immerse yourself in Seoul’s local culture through its food
* Explore the Namdaemun Market and explore the stalls selling ingredients and fresh produce
* Sample a couple of dishes, local snacks or fruits that are recommended by your local and typical of the market
* Visit a food “town” and taste the dish that the area is famous for
* Enjoy sitting down to share a meal with your local at a Korean barbecue restaurant
* Explore districts that are rich in culture and culinary heritage
Tastes of Seoul: Korean Eats and Food Culture | SeoulReview by: Sandra C
Amazing! A must-do for any foodies visiting the city!
We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our Local Cara was excellent and really knew the city inside-out. She took us to the best places to eat and drink, and we were really grateful that she took all of our preferences into account. We loved the local street food - especially the Bulgogi from Namdaemun Market. We have had food tours in cities with other operators before and they weren't half as personalised and unique as CityUnscripted, so we couldn't recommend more!