What you'll do
Meander through the city and stop off at unique venues, where your local will choose a different wine for you to try based on your tastes and preferences. Whether at a classic wine bar, an underground wine cellar, a buzzing food market, an al fresco terrace or a specialist cheese shop, you’ll discover the diversity of the region’s wines and taste how good they are when paired with the right food!
Taste artisanal produce which are specialities of the region, and learn the basics of how the locals choose the perfect wine to accompany them. From Frascati to Sangiovese to Trebbiano, take your tastebuds on a journey through the best wines of the region.
You’ll sample delicious wines and learn a little about how they’re made, but your experience won’t feel like a typical wine tasting experience reserved for connoisseurs; instead your local will help you understand how drinking wine is part of the culture here, and you’re sure to end your experience with a new favourite red or white as well as some new found knowledge about Italian wine!
To partake in this experience guests must be 18 years or older
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 tastings of red and white wines paired with local cheeses, meats and breads
* Authentic local insider knowledege and insights
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* Join a Roman local who’s passionate about their region’s wines and sharing six of the best with you
* Sample 6 red and white wines from the region, paired with food specialities
* Visit unique spots where you can enjoy a glass of wine and learn a little about how it was made
* Your Local Host will share with you the secrets of how food and wine are traditionally paired, and how and why wine is part of the local culture
* Stroll through the city and soak up the atmosphere as you immerse yourself in its wine culture
* Your experience will be designed around your tastes and preferences, and will help you discover local wines that you’ll love