What you'll do
With your host by your side, you’ll take the train which is around 50 minutes from Rome to Tivoli, where you’ll begin your experience by discovering the magnificent Villa d’Este. This opulent, Renaissance villa is one of the most stunning villas in the Lazio region, if not the whole country! Wander through its extravagant gardens, in which are scattered hundreds of intricately carved statues and impressive fountains.
Once you’ve marvelled at this World Heritage Site, we’re sure you’ll be ready for lunch! Your host will take you to a wonderful trattoria which is always full of locals, where you can indulge in an authentic three course meal, as well as a glass of wine and coffee.
Stroll through the small town a little until you reach the bus station - from here you’ll take the bus to your next stop, the incredible Villa Adriana which was the Emperor Hadrian’s sprawling country estate and villa. Also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this palatial villa and gardens will be sure to amaze you. Lose yourself amongst olive groves dotted with statues, imagine what the palace once looked like as you step inside its ruins and weave between marble pillars - the site is so colossal it feels like its own town rather than a single villa!
With your host by your side, you’ll hear fascinating stories and pieces of history about these two magical places which you’d never find in a guidebook, as well as enjoying a local’s side of the town itself, helping you really immerse yourself in Tivoli and unlock its cultural and historic legacy.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local host
* Round trip train tickets and bus to Tivoli
* Traditional 3 course lunch, wine and a coffee
What's Not Included
* Food & drinks other than those included
* Transporation other than those included
* Tickets or entries to attractions
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Take the train with your Local Host who will organise tickets from Rome to Tivoli
* First, visit the beautiful Renaissance Villa d’Este, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and explore the villa and its impressive gardens
* Indulge in a delicious, authentic three course lunch at a traditional trattoria in the charming town
* Wander through its streets and between the towering trees of its beautiful park
* Next, take the bus to Villa Adriana, the country estate of Emperor Hadrian which is just 5km away
* Explore this incredible historic site, the ruins of his palatial villa and its sprawling grounds which is unsurprisingly also a UNESCO World Heritage Site
* Finally, take the bus and then the train back to Rome with your host