What you'll do
Join a like-minded local who will share this enclave with you, where young Parisians really live - this area is popular with students, young creatives and freelancers who have joined the artists and bohemians who have always loved living by the water in this 19th century district.
Exploring the neighbourhoods around the canal will give you a real taste of what life is like as a Parisian; do like the locals do and stop by boulangeries, fromageries and delis to pick up the makings of a delicious picnic, then grab a bottle of wine and eat and drink in true local style, simply sitting on the banks of the canal!
Or if you’d prefer, your local will take you to a canal-side bar where tiny tables spill out onto terraces, or a subterranean wine bar where you can enjoy small tapas style plates along with organic wines.
With its truly unique vibe and laissez faire attitude, you’ll feel like a Parisian yourself as you stroll along, watching the world go by, perusing the concept stores and independent boutiques, pausing to savour a glass of wine or an espresso.
Discover this 19th century waterway as its meant to be enjoyed, with a glass of wine and a laid back attitude! You’ll quickly see how the area has transformed from a hidden treasure to a trendy hotspot filled with some of the city’s best restaurants and shops.
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Totally local and authentic knowledge and insghts
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to explore Canal Saint-Martin and the surrounding neighbourhoods
* This trendy enclave is loved by locals, students and artists who congregate along its banks
* Put together a makeshift picnic and enjoy with a bottle of wine, sitting on the banks of the canal in true local style!
* Peruse the trendy boutiques and unique concept stores, or simply relax in a bistro and soak up the atmosphere
* Discover the history of these 19th century waterways as you stroll over the wrought-iron bridges and along the banks
* Soak up the unique atmosphere and laid back attitude of this area as you join the groups of locals who congregate here to share a bottle of wine or a meal
Hidden Hangouts: Discover Paris' Canals | ParisReview by: Rebecca N
PARIGI SUPER CON MARIE
Paziente , super disponibile ci ha fatto vedere quegli angoli di Parigi che da sole 5 ragazze non avremmo mai potuto vedere attenta alle nostre esigenze è stata davvero fantastica
Hidden Hangouts: Discover Paris' Canals | ParisReview by: Melissa D
Marie was very lovely, very friendly and helpful. Knew lots of information and gave us lots of extra recommendations. Would highly recommend
Hidden Hangouts: Discover Paris' Canals | ParisReview by: Sonia D
Paris on foot with Marc
Marc was absolutely wonderful. Very knowledgeable and kept pace with us. He gave us a lot of details, history, art, culture and introduced us to the real Paris . Would definitely recommend!