What you'll do
Melbourne is the capital of all things art and culture in Aus, so why not discover one of its engaging museums while you’re in town? You could visit the Children’s Gallery in the Melbourne Museum, which has been designed for tots up to five years old - they could dance themselves silly in the Camouflage Disco or discover the Dinosaur Dig, or the National Gallery of Victoria with its dedicated kids’ area.
Or make the most of the sunshine and explore the Botanic Garden, which has an Aboriginal Heritage Walk as well as a children’s garden with plant tunnels to army crawl through, a bamboo forest that’s perfect for hide and seek and rocks to clamber on.
Melbourne’s city farms are also a great family activity - see the animals there may be one or two unusual additions! - and go on a tractor ride, and stop by the farmers’ market if you’re lucky enough to visit on the day or at the cafe, where your kids can learn about their paddock to plate policy and cooking with locally sourced ingredients.
There’s plenty more to discover in Melbourne though - from countless adventure playgrounds to making the journey out to one of the city’s blue flag beaches where your kids could learn to surf or bodyboard, enchanted gardens with mazes and exciting water parks, your local will share with you a side of Melbourne that you and your family will love.
When it comes to choosing where and what to eat, your local will suggest family friendly restaurants based on your tastes and preferences, or take you to a farmers’ market where you’ll find a variety of fresh, locally sourced produce that’s in season and delicious global street food dishes!
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Unlimited local knowledge and authentic insights
* Entry to Melbourne Museum
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions (most museums are free)
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Get an experience that’s personalised to your family’s interests and what you’d most like to see
* A local will share the best family friendly spots in the city and show you how to get around, so you don’t need to worry about getting lost or finding somewhere to eat
* Visit a city farm where you can see animals and learn where your food comes from
* Discover family friendly highlights as well as hidden gems where local families go
* Enjoy authentic local food that suits your family’s tastes and preferences at a restaurant, farmers’ market or enjoy some global street food
* Discover outdoor activities as well as exiting things to do on rainy days like interactive museums
* Get recommendations for other family friendly things to do in the city