What you'll do
Explore the winding cobbled streets, discover its long and rich history and visit the architectural landmarks which make this fairytale walled city so enchanting.
Toledo was named the ‘city of three cultures’ thanks to the Arab, Jewish and Christian populations who all lived here together - you can still see the unique legacy of each culture today. Visit the old Jewish Quarter and the El Transito Synagogue and Museum which dates from the 14th century and is one of the oldest in the world.
Marvel at the impressive Gothic cathedral, one of the finest achievements of Gothic art and architecture in the world, and browse the El Greco museum where you’ll find an incredible display of paintings by this Renaissance painter.
Discover the Arab influence on the city as you visit the old city walls and the the 9th century Puerta de Bisagra, the imposing stone gate which once guarded the entrance to the city when it was under Moorish rule.
For lunch, your local will take you to an authentic and traditional eatery, where you can indulge in a long and lazy meal of tapas which combines regional tradition and some Middle Eastern flavours, along with a glass of regional wine, beer or a soft drink.
Later in the day, peruse the Mercado San Agustin, a five story market which is a food lover’s paradise! Sample regional cheeses, stop by one of the bars for a glass of local wine and let your tastebuds go on a culinary adventure through the city’s rich food legacy.
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local host
* 3-4 tastings of local speciality tapas
* Glass of wine or soft drink and coffee
* Train transport to and from Toledo
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Take the train with your local who will organise tickets from Madrid to Toledo
* Explore this historic fairytale city which is nearly 2000 years old and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
* Discover its most iconic landmarks like the gothic Cathedral, the El Transito Synagogue and the 9th century Moorish city walls
* Wander through its historic streets, soaking up its history and charm
* Enjoy an authentic tapas lunch at a traditional eatery recommended by your local
* Wander through the incredible Mercado San Agustin where you can sample delicious regional produce and local wines, maybe buying some treats to take back to Madrid