What you'll do
Wander through Old Spitalfields Market, a historic market that's packed with fashion, food, vintage stalls and art, stopping for a quick taste the lightest dumplings with unusual fillings.
Wander through East London's narrow streets and see fascinating pieces of street art, then be mesmerised by the smells, sights, and tastes of the stalls in the Old Truman Brewery and along Brick Lane.
Taste the best Southern Fried Chicken in town, complete with peculiar toppings and sauces. Grab a refreshing craft beer brewed in the area and try one of the seasonal, small batch specialties. You could even think of getting a trendy beard-trim while you sip your drink!
Next, stroll up towards the skyscrapers of the City and stop at a tiny joint for a quick bao, Taiwanese-style steamed buns that are stuffed with creative and daily-changing fillings.
End the experience at an industrial café where locals go for their coffee fix, and to get their bikes fixed!
Options for vegetarians and vegans are available and we'll make note of any food intolerances to provide the best personalised experience.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 7-8 tastings of various eclectic dishes
* A coffee and a craft beer or a soft drink
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a local to discover London’s incredible new and trending food specialties
* Explore the streets of eclectic East London and be inspired by the most quirky street food stalls
* Sample 7-8 dishes throughout the experience, such as doughnuts, dumplings and fried chicken that Londoners can’t wait to try
* Take pictures of amazing street art which is the backdrop for this remarkable experience
Eat & Drink like a London Local | LondonReview by: Kathryn F
Delicious alternative view of London
We had an amazing time eating our way around Shoreditch, it was great to have someone to narrow down all the choice for us so we could try the dishes we'd heard about as well as some amazing street food we'd never heard of before. Would love to do another foodie experience with CityUnscripted!
Eat & Drink like a London Local | LondonReview by: Nicoletta A
Fantastica scorpacciata a Londra
Abbiamo mangiato un sacco di cose nuove e strane che non avremmo mai avuto il coraggio di assaggiare senza sapere di cosa fossero fatte! Abbiamo fatto un sacco di foto e provato coraggiosamente tutti questi sapori nuovi... Anna ci ha fatto vedere i cibi che vanno "di moda" a Londra e ci ha spiegato cosa c'era in queste pietanze. Domani andiamo a provare altri piatti in posti che Anna ci ha consigliato :)