What you'll do
With 6-8 tastings in 3 different bars, you have ample opportunity to not only try the very best dishes of the region but also discover the city’s charming and historic neighborhoods on route. From the medieval streets of El Born to the fisherman’s district of La Barceloneta, weave your way through the winding streets and family run stalls in search of the best Iberian ham and Spanish cheese!
Immerse yourself in the local food culture with a local who is as passionate about discovering authentic, local cuisine as you are and discover markets and local bar's together.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, chat about your favourite cuisine and get some insider recommendations of the places locals love to eat and drink for the rest of your trip.
Options for vegetarians and vegans are available and we’ll make note of any food intolerances to provide the best personalised experience!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personalities, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do (and eat!).
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see well known markets and stores, your Local host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local host
* 6-8 tapas tastings and 2 alcoholic drinks (soft drinks also possible)
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Eat and drink like a local in three classic bars that locals love
* Learn about the local food traditions that make this region so unique in a fun and informal way
* Explore the streets of El Born and La Barceloneta as you experience the classic Spanish aperitif and taste your way around the city
* Enjoy 6-8 traditional tapas dishes with a local by your side as well as a glass or two of regional wine or sangria
* Get tips and recommendations from your local about the best places to eat and explore in the city so you can continue to experience the city like a local
Eat Tapas like a Local | BarcelonaReview by: Nancy P
Jonathon was a very fine host. He was on time and we were able to discuss our wishes forcwhatcand wherecto Go. Jonathan had many ideas and it was obvious he knewcthe city and the kind of places we wanted to go. We walked around the area and he showed us some of the points of interest. We ultimately found a restaurant that was very nice and the food selections were very good. Jonathan was a good conversationalist and was very interesting to talk with. He was pleasant, intelligent and very knowledgeable.